Author Topic: Choose your future: Trump or Obama?  (Read 7624 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Choose your future: Trump or Obama?
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2024, 02:48:33 pm »
I'm right there with you on all points @jafo2010 except that my guy, and former neighbor, was Ron Paul.

I also was a Paul backer myself. Wrote him in for the 2008 election over McCain
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2024, 02:49:34 pm »
LMAO,

I basically agree with what you said regarding Trump, and his FAILURE in regard to COVID.

BUT....

Another huge BUT, it was Biden who had a year to formulate a mindset without being on the line for his decisions, and when he took office, what did he do, he made the COVID vaccine MANDATORY for government employees, which opened up the floodgate for corporations to do the same.  And long after the pandemic was beginning to settle, Biden spent far greater amounts of money when it was NOT needed, which had a workforce chosing to stay home and collect a government check versus returning to the workforce.

Again, I agree Trump made bad decisions, BUT Biden with the benefit of time, made even worse decisions.

FACT IS, no 3rd party candidate will get more than a couple percent of the vote.

It could be argued that many of the past presidents had some element of evil in their being.  This is not a choice between lesser evils, this is a choice between a communist, and a man that does some things conservative, and actually could do things that benefit the American people. 

Closing the border or reducing the flow of INVADERS will benefit Americans.  Wrecking Ball Joe just got the Republican House majority to agree to allowing 5,000 INVADERS cross our border daily.  Please?  You want more of that sh*t????????????????????????

So the Republicans own your vote as long as they are a little less destructive than the Democrats. With that position you have no leverage at all to force the Republicans to do anything. The only leverage you have is to withhold your vote in enough numbers that they are forced to listen to you. Otherwise they own you. They talk a good game but do the opposite over and over when elected.

Regarding Trump, he's not shown he's learned anything from his handling of Covid. He still thinks he did a great job. During his "great job" his administration destroyed more people's lives and futures than any President in the last 30+ years. At what point is enough enough? I will not reward that.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2024, 03:56:08 pm »
Future?  I'm just choosing between past choices.  How far do I want to go back - 2016 or 1616?

////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2024, 04:54:39 pm »
So the Republicans own your vote as long as they are a little less destructive than the Democrats. With that position you have no leverage at all to force the Republicans to do anything. The only leverage you have is to withhold your vote in enough numbers that they are forced to listen to you. Otherwise they own you. They talk a good game but do the opposite over and over when elected.

Regarding Trump, he's not shown he's learned anything from his handling of Covid. He still thinks he did a great job. During his "great job" his administration destroyed more people's lives and futures than any President in the last 30+ years. At what point is enough enough? I will not reward that.
The history of Republicans for at least the last twenty years, whether they have a majority or not

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2024, 05:17:29 pm »
Satisfied?  Heck, if you read MY POSTS, I am anything but satisfied.  If I had the money, I would run for Congress and try to get elected and make a difference.  I got elected once to a local position, where I made a huge difference for my community.  But at the federal level, it takes hundreds of thousands if not millions to get elected.  I do not have that kind of wealth.

I read you all the time @jafo2010 ... Yet your rancor is turned in three shakes of a lamb's tail, into a vote for Tumpy, rewarding all those things you rail against, which was what I was pointing out.

I will never understand that.

But then, I am not good at carving out exceptions. And I think choosing either one of those azzoles is the height of lunacy - Either one successfully argued as worse than the other.

That race to the bottom continues, as I used your post to illustrate - Nothing against you particularly in that, just an opportune opening.

It makes no sense to me, when you normally make a lot of sense.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 05:24:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2024, 05:19:09 pm »
I don't have a party! At least not on the national level. I'll find out for sure if I still have one at the state level after March 5th. I help people I know and respect only. Not one thin dime goes to "the party"!

Then what are you yelling at me for, when I have done the very same thing?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2024, 05:22:03 pm »

EXACTLY right.  :beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2024, 05:28:28 pm »
Then what are you yelling at me for, when I have done the very same thing?

No! You have not! I will vote in every race I'm entitled to!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2024, 05:54:22 pm »

No! You have not! I will vote in every race I'm entitled to!

AHHH. So I MUST choose between Tumpy and Buydem, eh?

Then we are right back to what profit is there in that?

Online LMAO

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2024, 01:27:13 pm »

And that is my position this election. We’re on a very unsustainable path and neither Biden or Trump are remotely interested in correcting any of that. In fact, Trump attacks other Republicans who try to address these issues.

But @jafo2010  does defend his position and outlines his reasoning without any personal attacks on other members or being reduced to “orange man rude” comments and I respect his position, even if I personally choose to take a different route
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 01:36:25 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2024, 02:46:39 pm »
AHHH. So I MUST choose between Tumpy and Buydem, eh?

Then we are right back to what profit is there in that?

You don't HAVE to do a damned thing but you certainly should.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2024, 06:10:22 pm »
You don't HAVE to do a damned thing but you certainly should.

Why, when I am so adamantly against them both?

I have no dog in this hunt.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2024, 06:12:03 pm »
Why, when I am so adamantly against them both?

I have no dog in this hunt.

Wrong! You absolutely do have a dog in the hunt whether you like it or not.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2024, 11:37:26 pm »
Wrong! You absolutely do have a dog in the hunt whether you like it or not.

No, I do not.  From this point onward, the outcome is without a difference. And either which way, the same dang thi.ng

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2024, 04:57:57 pm »
FWIW:
Steve Deace
@SteveDeaceShow
I'm not here to argue one way or the other. I am done beating my head against a wall over Trump. It is what it is. His awful final year in office, with some of the worst and most damaging decisions in the history of this nation many are still suffering for, sadly earned scorn and contempt. However, there is no doubt the three years he was in office before that we were so much better off than we are right now. And thus he has earned much of the loyalty he still has for that now.

Most days his antics and narcissism have long nauseated me. His grift corps utterly disgusts me. But those things don't matter nearly as much to me as results. Results like...

Mortgage payments are double what they were under Trump. Everything is more expensive. We were energy independent, now we are energy depleted. We had unprecedented peace in the Middle East, now we are siting on powder keg Iran is trying and Biden is funding them to erupt. Not to mention the next president could select both Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito's replacements.

Finally, there are good people who could very well go to prison for wrongthink if Trump loses. Like our own @TPC4USA and 11 pro-lifers charged just last week.

I'm not here to argue either way. I understand the disdain principled people have for Trump. I really do. He hurt people in 2020 and isn't sorry for it. People whose family businesses will never return from his lockdowns, and loved ones will never return from his Operation Warp Speed. And the cult of personality around him, and its junior varsity version of Game of Thrones it pretends to play, while slobbering over fearless leader, is some of the most un-populist crap I've ever seen -- despite its branding to the contrary.

But for me, this isn't about them. It's not about my feelings about him or them. Nor is it about him. It's about those who will suffer from giving this current demonically-inspired regime another day of power that I can't stop thinking about.

In true me fashion, what I wrote here will anger both sides of the Trump debate on the Right, who either want him vilified or venerated. But I'm a big boy and know that comes with the territory when you get paid to say what you think. And what I think is Trump helped them devastate this country his final year in office, and deserves all the disdain he earned with his own decisions during that time. Especially as long as he refuses to show any humility towards that. But I also think they will devastate it all the more if we give them four more years to do so. I didn't want this choice. I did everything I could to have a better one. But Fox-BoomerCon thought differently and always gets its way.

It's not up to me to tell you how to vote. And you don't owe any candidate or party your vote. You get to make them earn it or not however you see fit. Just wanted to be transparent as I always try to be about where I am coming, and share my own conscience on the matter. Feel free to do with it, or not, what you will.

8:19 PM · Feb 6, 2024
I suspect that some of us here feel the same way, at least in part.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 09:18:29 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2024, 05:05:53 pm »
But for me, this isn't about them. It's not about my feelings about him or them. Nor is it about him. It's about those who will suffer from giving this current demonically-inspired regime another day of power that I can't stop thinking about.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2024, 05:15:39 pm »
"Mortgage payments are double what they were under Trump. Everything is more expensive."

Trump set much of that in motion by massive spending of money out of thin air. You can't print dollars backed by nothing, they weren't even borrowed dollars, and not reduce the value of the dollar. He even demanded zero interest rates - free money for everyone...

Online LMAO

« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2024, 05:22:13 pm »
"Mortgage payments are double what they were under Trump. Everything is more expensive."

Trump set much of that in motion by massive spending of money out of thin air. You can't print dollars backed by nothing, they weren't even borrowed dollars, and not reduce the value of the dollar. He even demanded zero interest rates - free money for everyone...

And he’s running on doing even more of the above

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2024, 05:44:44 pm »
:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

Nope. Same old false arguments

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2024, 05:52:27 pm »

Nope. Same old false arguments

What exactly is false about it?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2024, 06:06:34 pm »
What exactly is false about it?

It's a mile long water boarding,  disguised as reason, that boils down to Repulican better than Democrat, no matter what... same old song as always, and it's still bullcrap.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2024, 06:18:00 pm »
It's a mile long water boarding,  disguised as reason, that boils down to Repulican better than Democrat, no matter what... same old song as always, and it's still bullcrap.

**nononono*

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2024, 06:28:59 pm »
**nononono*

YES.  Reward the greatest Republican loss of treasure and liberty IN HISTORY with four more years. No need to punish that, because Democrats.

There is no way either of these morons should be president... the race to the bottom continues.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2024, 07:03:53 pm »

There is no way either of these morons should be president... the race to the bottom continues.

Agreed! But one of them will be despite our protestations! You say it doesn't matter and I vehemently disagree! I'll take another Trump term over another Biden/Obama term every day of the week!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 07:09:08 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien