Author Topic: Biden Classifies Pricey Locales Like Nantucket As ‘Low Income’ To Push EV Charger Subsidies  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON JAN 31, 2024. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden Classifies Pricey Locales Like Nantucket As ‘Low Income’ To Push EV Charger Subsidies

The Biden administration is classifying some of the country’s most elite and exclusive locales as “low-income” areas, making them eligible for electric vehicle (EV) charger subsidy programs.

The administration’s EV charger tax credit program — made possible by the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), President Joe Biden’s signature climate bill — is specifically designed to route subsidies to “low-income” or “non-urban” areas of the country. [emphasis, links added]

The “low-income” emphasis for eligibility aligns in spirit with the Biden administration’s wider pursuit of so-called “environmental justice,” which is effectively the combination of social justice ideology and green policy.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-classifies-pricey-locales-like-nantucket-as-low-income-to-push-ev-charger-subsidies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson