Author Topic: NYPD tows cars where migrants sleep outside NYC’s ‘new Ellis Island’ hotel  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYPD tows cars where migrants sleep outside NYC’s ‘new Ellis Island’ hotel

The NYPD towed more than a half-dozen cars outside the Big Apple’s “new Ellis Island” at the Roosevelt Hotel on Thursday – one day after The Post reported that asylum seekers were living in the parked vehicles.

Among the cars hooked up by police tow trucks was a white Mitsubishi Lancer with a flat tire and Washington state plates where at least one migrant has been sleeping and a minivan loaded with blankets.

Gothamist first reported this week that at least four migrants had been bedding down inside the vehicles after getting booted from the crowded hotel, the main intake center for the thousands of migrants flocking to the five boroughs from the US border.

By 2 p.m. eight vehicles had been towed away by police along Vanderbilt Avenue between 45th and 46th streets, with the cars cars also issued parking tickets.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/nypd-tows-cars-where-migrants-sleep-outside-nyc-s-new-ellis-island-hotel/ar-AA1mP2AX?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=88230a19f1224bc4bb35a503310924f0&ei=58
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Can't NYC be sued by illegal immigrants for upholding the law? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson