Author Topic: Border Patrol Agents Quietly Support Texas’ Move To Seize Area Of Border  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol Agents Quietly Support Texas’ Move To Seize Area Of Border

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
January 12, 2024

Border Patrol agents are quietly applauding Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s effort to seize property along the border, several of them told the Daily Caller News Foundation on the condition of anonymity because they’re not authorized to speak publicly.

The Texas Department of Public Safety seized the property of Shelby Park in Eagle Pass, Texas, the city’s mayor, Rolando Salinas, said in a statement posted to Facebook Thursday. The Department of Justice (DOJ) said in a Supreme Court filing hours after the decision that Texas National Guardsmen are blocking the Border Patrol from accessing the area, where they have a staging area and boat ramp.

One agent reacted in support of Abbott’s action, telling the DCNF “hell yes” he’s behind it. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Central American Country Says Last Conversation With ‘Border Czar’ Kamala Harris Was Months Ago)

“In my humble opinion, if we were allowed to secure the border we’d have it shut down in four days,” the agent told the DCNF.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/12/border-patrol-agents-quietly-support-texas-move-seize-area-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson