Author Topic: Chicago faces backlash from residents over resources for migrants: 'They are just not listening!'  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Chicago faces backlash from residents over resources for migrants: 'They are just not listening!'
Story by Elizabeth Heckman  •
16h

Chicago residents are up in arms as the city continues to struggle in its effort to house migrants, accusing local leaders of neglecting its own impoverished and homeless citizens.

Over 300 migrants have been boarded onto warming buses while nearly 15,000 migrants are in Chicago shelters ahead of a dangerous drop in temperatures, according to data from the city's Office of Emergency Management and Communications.

Hundreds more are waiting for placement at locations around the city, including Chicago O'Hare International Airport.

"I do have to wonder, are they going to provide those warming buses down on Canal Street, where the tents are located for the homeless, or down on Roosevelt, where tents are located for the homeless, or over on Division Street where tents are located for the homeless?" resident Cata Truss asked on "Fox & Friends" Friday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-faces-backlash-from-residents-over-resources-for-migrants-they-are-just-not-listening/ar-AA1mSMmr?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=163ccfae438c4ef0b0a4ef13c0bf247b&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

'They are just not listening!'

Democrats never have. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson