Author Topic: Police arrest 2 additional men in migrant killing at Randall’s Island shelter  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Police arrest 2 additional men in migrant killing at Randall’s Island shelter
A migrant tent shelter on Randall's Island on Oct. 19, 2022
Andrew Lichtenstein / Corbis via Getty Images

By
Brittany Kriegstein
Published Jan 9, 2024

Police have arrested two additional men in connection with the fatal stabbing of a resident of the city’s migrant shelter on Randall’s Island over the weekend, the NYPD said Tuesday.

Ferneys Horta, 33, and Anthony Navas, 27, were taken into police custody around 10:30 p.m. Monday and charged with murder and gang assault, respectively. Police said they both played a role in the killing of 24-year-old Dafren Canizalez on Saturday night.

Attorney information for Horta and Navas was not immediately available. On Sunday, police arrested and charged 27-year-old Moises Coronado — also with murder and gang assault — in the incident.

According to court documents, Coronado allegedly chased Canizalez until he was “trapped against a door” and stabbed in the chest with a kitchen knife. The three suspects then chased Canizalez until he collapsed, and police later recovered the knife from Coronado’s pocket, the documents state.

https://gothamist.com/news/police-arrest-2-additional-men-in-migrant-killing-at-randalls-island-shelter
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson