Author Topic: White House cheers Mexico’s ‘swift action against migrants.’ Experts say it’s purely visual  (Read 232 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
White House cheers Mexico’s ‘swift action against migrants.’ Experts say it’s purely visual
By
Anna Giaritelli
January 7, 2024 4:00 am
The White House is praising Mexico for taking “swift action against migrants” in the days since senior Biden administration officials met with their counterparts in Mexico City, but experts say the celebration in Washington is much ado about nothing.

A White House National Security Council spokesperson shared information with the Washington Examiner expounding on the takeaways from the Dec. 27, 2023, meeting between Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador and U.S. State and Homeland Security leaders.

“Our trip to Mexico last month came at a critical moment to continue building on our cooperation and the significant efforts of our Mexican partners,” the NSC spokesperson wrote in an email. “We are already starting to see the results and DHS has reopened multiple ports of entry along the border recently, in large part, thanks to Mexico’s augmented enforcement efforts.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/foreign-policy/2788833/white-house-cheers-mexicos-swift-action-against-migrants-experts-say-its-purely-visual/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 03:21:23 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I would expect nothing but this kind of deception from the Administration - and MSM. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

I would expect nothing but this kind of deception from the Administration - and MSM. :yowsa:

The last entity you listed is the problem

Government will always attempt to deceive voters, especially before an election. It’s the media that supposed to be a watchdog against that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  It’s the media that supposed to be a watchdog against that
[/quote

Operative word:  SUPPOSED
Thomas Jefferson