Author Topic: Report: CBP ‘Watering Down’ Vetting for Chinese Migrants  (Read 168 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: CBP ‘Watering Down’ Vetting for Chinese Migrants
« on: January 06, 2024, 02:41:12 pm »
Report: CBP ‘Watering Down’ Vetting for Chinese Migrants
Just par for the course in Biden’s dangerous ‘catch-and-release’ game

By Andrew R. Arthur on January 5, 2024

The Daily Caller reported this week that the White House “drastically simplified the vetting process for Chinese illegal immigrants in April 2023”, with CBP being directed to “radically reduce the number of interview questions for Chinese migrants apprehended after illegally crossing into the country from roughly 40 to just five”. If true — and there’s no reason to believe it’s not — it’s shocking, but it’s just par for the course in the dangerous game the Biden administration is playing with our national security in its mass releases of migrants at the Southwest border.

CBP Vetting. If you’ve ever traveled internationally and returned to the United States, you’ve experienced CBP vetting up close. As the officer at the kiosk at the international arrivals gate or on the border itself is scanning your passport and asking how your trip was, checks are being run on any wants or warrants you may have in this country, and the officer is gauging your demeanor to see if you’re up to something.

The same is especially true for aliens coming to the United States on nonimmigrant visas. Their travel histories to the United States are being checked as officers ask them how long they are planning to visit for and where they will be travelling and staying.

That scrutiny is — or should be — heightened in the case of aliens arriving illegally. As the Daily Caller article indicates, there is an entire script that Border Patrol agents and CBP officers follow as those individuals are inspected, which usually ends with a question along the lines of “Is there any reason that you would not want to return home?”

https://cis.org/Arthur/Report-CBP-Watering-Down-Vetting-Chinese-Migrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson