Author Topic: Canine officers help police find quarter-ton of crystal meth  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Canine officers help police find quarter-ton of crystal meth
« on: January 06, 2024, 02:35:22 pm »

Canine officers help police find quarter-ton of crystal meth
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Jan 5, 2024 / 06:04 PM CST

Updated: Jan 5, 2024 / 06:04 PM CST

Juarez plans to expand role, training of drug-sniffing dogs and human handlers this year after successful 2023

JUAREZ, Mexico (Border Report) – Their bark is far worse than their bite. So much so that last year, Juarez’s 17 drug-sniffing police dogs alerted the municipal police to 15,305 fentanyl pills, 475 pounds of crystal meth and other assorted illegal drugs hidden in cars, backpacks, and people’s pockets.

The canine officers also sniffed out 16 guns and high-caliber rifles and dozens of boxes of ammo, contributing to 188 arrests, according to Juarez Municipal Public Safety Department Spokesman Adrian Sanchez.

Panama launches operation in Darien jungle targeting organized crime and migrant smugglers
“This happens because of teamwork. The canines are trained in Mexico and the U.S. and so are their handlers. Together, they become an efficient team,” he said.

A Juarez municipal police officer and his drug-sniffing canine partner stand at attention during a review ceremony. (City of …

https://www.borderreport.com/regions/mexico/canine-officers-help-police-find-quarter-ton-of-crystal-meth/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson