Author Topic: Mayorkas acknowledges that majority of illegal immigrants released into US: ‘I know the data’  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayorkas acknowledges that majority of illegal immigrants released into US: ‘I know the data’
Story by Adam Shaw  •
14h

FOX News
Secretary Mayorkas: Our system is broken and in need of legislative reform

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Thursday acknowledged that the majority of illegal immigrants encountered at the border are released into the U.S., as he also sought to highlight the number the administration has removed.

Mayorkas spoke on "Special Report" on Thursday and was asked by anchor Bret Baier about Customs and Border Protection (CBP) sources who have told Fox News that they are releasing over 70% of migrants crossing every day.

"It would not surprise me at all. I know the data," Mayorkas said. "And I will tell you that when individuals are released, they are released into immigration enforcement proceedings. They are on alternatives to detention. And we have returned or removed a record number of individuals. We are enforcing the laws that Congress has passed. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayorkas-acknowledges-that-majority-of-illegal-immigrants-released-into-us-i-know-the-data/ar-AA1mwAvH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2b81096b7ddd48d385a648c431f5c5a8&ei=18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Secretary Mayorkas: Our system is broken and in need of legislative reform

He knows he is safe to blame congress this way because he knows it isn't going to happen.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson