Author Topic: Joe Biden and an old retail trick  (Read 168 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden and an old retail trick
« on: January 03, 2024, 03:48:07 pm »
Joe Biden and an old retail trick
By Mike McDaniel

As a young man I worked in retail, men’s clothing and accessories, mostly. A venerable retail tactic was, and is, to subtly raise prices over time, then suddenly announce a sale, dropping prices back down to what they were, or perhaps just a bit higher. Everyone expects at least a little inflation, so virtually no one notices. They might suspect retailers are engaging in shenanigans, but they’re not sure who, when, or how, and who doesn't like a sale? Back then I was a lowly salesman. I wasn’t making policy, and my employers didn’t use that shady tactic to any real degree, but they made me aware others did, and I’ve been able to identify it since.

I recall gas prices inching toward $3.00 per gallon before Donald Trump took office, and was delighted as they slipped well below $2.00 before he left office. I know because I keep a maintenance log for my vehicles, noting the date, place, price and cost of every fill up, as well as all maintenance items. I’m not obsessive, just “squared away,” as my brother-in-law puts it. During Trump’s time in office, I paid as little as $1.79.9. Under Biden, $4.59.9.

That’s a major change, and benefit, for people living anywhere, but particularly for places like Wyoming, where folks regularly travel several hours and more, one way, for necessary shopping, which they often combine with eating out and tiny vacations.  Particularly when traveling in winter, Wyomingites also like to keep their tanks as full as possible. The cheaper the gas, the better and the more often one can avoid cabin fever.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/01/joe_biden_and_an_old_retail_trick.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34