Author Topic: White House accuses Republicans of exacerbating border crisis  (Read 208 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 White House accuses Republicans of exacerbating border crisis
by Alex Gangitano - 01/03/24 8:30 AM ET
The White House accused Republicans on Wednesday of exacerbating the crisis at the U.S.-southern border as Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) is set to lead a delegation there amid an influx of migrants.

White House spokesperson Andrew Bates in a statement argued that Republicans have an “anti-border security record” because they obstructed President Biden’s proposals and voted against border security funding.

Bates noted that the GOP hasn’t supported Biden’s supplemental funding packing, which included financing for new border agents and was tied to additional aid for Ukraine, Israel and the Indo-pacific. And, he added, Republicans didn’t support the president’s plan to modernize the immigration system that he announced in January 2021.

“House Republicans have obstructed his reform proposal and consistently voted against his unprecedented border security funding year after year, hamstringing our border security in the name of extreme, partisan demands,” Bates said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4386520-white-house-accuses-republicans-exacerbating-border-crisis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: White House accuses Republicans of exacerbating border crisis
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 02:57:55 pm »
... and how are Republicans exacerbating border crisis exactly?  We're not the ones in the White House, running Dept of Homeland (in)Security.

Where is Border Czarina, Cackles?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.