Author Topic: Marine embassy security guard dies on duty in Republic of Congo  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine embassy security guard dies on duty in Republic of Congo
« on: January 02, 2024, 04:02:01 pm »
Marine embassy security guard dies on duty in Republic of Congo
By Irene Loewenson
 Dec 31, 04:35 PM

A Marine security guard stationed in the capital of the Republic of Congo died on Dec. 19 while on duty, according to his parents.

Lance Cpl. Nicholas Maurice Dural, 20, of Lafayette, Louisiana, had been serving at the U.S. embassy in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo, since April.

Dalton Dural, the Marine’s father, said Saturday he couldn’t provide more specifics about his son’s death.

In response to a Marine Corps Times query about Nicholas Dural’s death, a State Department spokesperson on Friday confirmed the death of a U.S. service member in the Republic of Congo but declined to comment further. The Marine Corps didn’t respond over the weekend to a Marine Corps Times request for comment.

For the Dural family, the loss of the young Marine is “unimaginable,” said his mother, Kimberly Dural.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/12/31/marine-embassy-security-guard-dies-on-duty-in-republic-of-congo/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Marine embassy security guard dies on duty in Republic of Congo
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 04:03:07 pm »
There's nothing suspicious about a 20 yr. old Marine dying on duty, is there? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson