Author Topic: China’s Taiwan Nightmare Has Come True  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China’s Taiwan Nightmare Has Come True
« on: January 02, 2024, 03:46:27 pm »
January 1, 2024 
China’s Taiwan Nightmare Has Come True

Taiwan has undergone a seismic demographic and political transformation in recent decades—a transformation that virtually precludes pacific unification between Taiwan and China.

by James Holmes

Imagine that. Constant bombast coupled with daily armed provocations is no way to endear yourself to audiences overseas. Or, as the Wall Street Journal put it recently, “China confronts a new political reality in Taiwan: no friends.” The Journal’s brief is compelling. Taiwan has undergone a seismic demographic and political transformation in recent decades—a transformation that virtually precludes pacific unification between Taiwan and China.

If China enjoys no support among Taiwan’s political parties, there’s little prospect a China-friendly president will take up residence in the Presidential Office in Taipei following this month’s elections. Without a China-friendly president and legislature, China stands vanishingly little chance of achieving its paramount goal of gaining control of the island without fighting. It will have to deploy armed force, with all the hazards and costs warfare entails.

And Chinese Communist Party officialdom has no one to blame but itself for this sad state of affairs. Its diplomacy seems almost deliberately designed to drive away prospective friends and unite alliances and coalitions to defeat the party’s aims.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/china%E2%80%99s-taiwan-nightmare-has-come-true-208259
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: China’s Taiwan Nightmare Has Come True
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 03:58:05 pm »
Maybe the best we can expect is arm the Taiwanese army, and their popullus to the ultimate teeth.  And let the Chicoms lose about a million soldiers by guerrilla warfare in the conquest.   They have 24M people, and I bet they are a hell of lot more patriotic and anti-communist than 90% of our youth. 

And I bet there are tons who will fight for the memory of their great patriot, Chiang Kai-shek.  I wish them success.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.