Author Topic: Congresswoman Barbara Lee Rings The Alarm In An Open Letter Amid Major Layoffs Of Black Tech Employe  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congresswoman Barbara Lee Rings The Alarm In An Open Letter Amid Major Layoffs Of Black Tech Employees
© Provided by Afrotech

The current job market has people on a roller coaster of expectations. With shifts across several industries, layoffs have been a large part of the uncertainty many people have experienced in the present landscape.

The tech industry, particularly, has faced much criticism during this frustrating time as many of the tech giants announced major layoffs disproportionately affecting BIPOC individuals and women. The trend has become so pervasive that U.S. Congresswoman Barbara Lee has led the charge in calling out the impacts of the layoffs.

The Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) launched the CBC TECH2020 initiative in May 2015, designed to gather “the best minds in the tech, non-profit, education, and public sectors to chart a path forward to increase African American inclusion at all levels of the technology industry,” according to its website.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/congresswoman-barbara-lee-rings-the-alarm-in-an-open-letter-amid-major-layoffs-of-black-tech-employees/ar-AA1mdcM8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=18ce81c9407e4d5abf4042c450e78014&ei=18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
She need not worry so much!  She and her fellow democrats have brought in plenty of illegal immigrants to cover any workforce needs. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson