Author Topic: Yet Another Blue City Becomes Overwhelmed By Migrants Needing Shelter  (Read 252 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yet Another Blue City Becomes Overwhelmed By Migrants Needing Shelter

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
December 29, 2023

Detroit has become overwhelmed by a surge in migrants needing shelter, according to The Detroit News.

Shelters supporting migrants in Detroit say they’re working long hours with little resources to help, according to The Detroit News. The city is experiencing a surge amid record encounters of migrants crossing the southern border illegally. (RELATED: ‘Devil’s Workshop’: Eric Adams Suggests Migrant Crisis Will Result In Rampant Crime)

Border Patrol recorded more than 2.2 million encounters of migrants crossing illegally in fiscal year 2022 and more than 2 million in fiscal year 2023, according to federal data.

Freedom House Detroit, which provides shelter, has seen the numbers of migrants needing assistance more than double and has had to transfer them to hotels and other shelters, according to The Detroit News. The shelter has space for 50 people, but is supporting 74.

“We do not have beds for all that need them,” Elizabeth Orozco-Vasquez, executive director of Freedom House Detroit, said.

The shelter also provides medical and English classes, according to The Detroit News.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/12/29/another-blue-city-becomes-overwhelmed-migrants-shelter/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Yet Another Blue City Becomes Overwhelmed By Migrants Needing Shelter
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 03:05:31 pm »
Not more b*tching and complaining from a "compassionate" blue city?  Say it isn't so! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 05:45:58 pm »
Oh, that's too bad.  Shouldn't have declared yourself a "sanctuary" against Federal Laws, such as they are.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 05:56:00 pm »
Subsidize something, and you get more of it.  If these cities don't want illegal migrants needing food and shelter, then stop handing out free [sic] food and shelter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-