Author Topic: AOC May Just Have the Worst Christmas Take on Jesus and Gaza Nick Arama  (Read 520 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC May Just Have the Worst Christmas Take on Jesus and Gaza
Nick Arama

This is the time of year when we see a lot of folks try to appropriate Jesus to fit their political agenda, and some on the left are at it again this year.

Rep. Alexandria Ocaso-Cortez (D-NY) has had a lot of bad takes in the past, but she may win the award for worst take on Jesus, Christmas, and Gaza with her latest Instagram post.

AOC  said Jesus was born in "modern-day Palestine under the threat of a government engaged in a massacre of innocents" and that he was part of a "targeted population being indiscriminately killed to protect an unjust leader’s power." 

As many pointed out in response to AOC, there was no "Palestine," and Jesus was a Jew born in Judea. Talk about trying to disappear Jews— to deny or twist his Jewishness to something that isn't the case to fit the script they want is the height of trying to make Jews go away.

Plus, the targeting of Jesus wasn't "indiscriminate." If you're targeting, it isn't "indiscriminate." According to the Gospel of Matthew, Herod assassinated the babies because he was trying to target the birth of the "King of the Jews." Herod used that title, and he wanted no challenge to his authority.  Kind of a significant thing to miss — all the Jewishness there. Does AOC not know this, or is she just leaving it out because it doesn't help her point?

“Thousands of years later, right-wing forces are violently occupying Bethlehem as similar stories unfold for today’s Palestinians, so much so that the Christian community in Bethlehem has canceled this year’s Christmas Eve celebrations out of both [fear for their] safety and respect,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote.

“And yet, also today, holy children are still being born in a place of unspeakable violence — for every child born, of any identity and from any place, is sacred. Especially the children of Gaza,” AOC said.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/12/25/aoc-may-just-have-the-worst-christmas-take-on-jesus-and-gaza-n2167942
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: AOC May Just Have the Worst Christmas Take on Jesus and Gaza Nick Arama
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 07:12:30 pm »
More

Priest on CNN says Christmas is the story of a 'Palestinian Jew' living in an 'occupied' country
Father Edward Beck's comments stirred controversy online but he told critics 'my message was one of unity and solidarity'
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn Fox News
Published December 25, 2023 1:03pm EST

A priest on CNN attempted to link the "story of Christmas" to the ongoing war between Israel and Hamas, sparking intense backlash on social media.

On Christmas morning Monday, Father Edward Beck was asked about the "pain and suffering" taking place all over the world during the holiday season and to address those who are feeling "hopeless."

"I think the message of Christmas is that God enters into it with us and we're not alone in it," Beck responded. "What I'm so struck by is that the story of Christmas is about a Palestinian Jew- how often do you find those words put together? A Palestinian Jew born into a time when his country was occupied, right? They can't find a place for her to even give birth, his mother. They're homeless. They eventually have to flee as refugees into Egypt, no less. I mean, you can't make up the parallels to our current world situation right now."

He continued, "And so in some way, that is who we believe God becomes born into that situation and yet, that very man, Jesus, says love one another, love your enemies. There is hope. There is light in the darkness. I'm attesting to that. So somehow that God enters that experience of suffering and that struggle and is actually born into it. That is what is so miraculous about this celebration for me."

Critics railed against the CNN guest on social media, blasting his "incorrect" history of Jesus Christ.

"This is embarrassingly wrong," New York Post columnist Karol Markowicz reacted.

"Because you know how in Matthew 15:24 Jesus said ‘I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel,’ by Israel Jesus meant Palestine. Father Beck has to stop watching Al-Jazeera and start reading the New Testament," Foundation for Defense of Democracies research fellow Hussain Abdul-Hussain swiped the Roman Catholic priest.

"How can the press signal itself not really connected to the people? Put on commentary like this" conservative radio host Erick Erickson said. "Palestine was not even a creation of the Roman Empire at the time of Christ’s birth. Pushing a political agenda like this, using Christ, reflects poorly on the network."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/priest-cnn-says-christmas-story-palestinian-jew-living-in-occupied-country

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: AOC May Just Have the Worst Christmas Take on Jesus and Gaza Nick Arama
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 07:23:19 pm »
Hamas would have killed Jesus on October 7th because he was a Jew.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org