Author Topic: Biden, Mexico president agree border crisis calls for 'urgently needed' enforcement  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden, Mexico president agree border crisis calls for 'urgently needed' enforcement
Story by Francesca Chambers and Lauren Villagran, USA TODAY  •
11h

President Joe Biden spoke with Mexico's president about "additional enforcement actions" to slow migration at the U.S.-Mexico border after the arrival of tens of thousands migrants shut down trade at two ports of entry.

Biden and Mexico President Andrés Manuel López Obrador spoke Thursday by phone, according to John Kirby, spokesman for the White House National Security Council, during a White House press briefing.

"The two leaders agreed that additional enforcement actions are urgently needed so that key ports of entry can be reopened across our shared border," Kirby said.

The administration is also sending a high-level delegation to Mexico City. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and White House Homeland Security Adviser Liz Sherwood Randall will meet with the Mexican president and his team in the coming days, Kirby said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-mexico-president-agree-border-crisis-calls-for-urgently-needed-enforcement/ar-AA1lROeI?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5b0bd14bf72c42f49030741560e99266&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Not for one second do I think he will actually do anything other than say the words. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Unfortunately that 'urgently needed' enforcement these are talking about probably referring to stopping Texas and other states from curtailing the flow of illegals into their states...and America, something neither the presidente of messico or the mental defective in the white house want done.