Author Topic: New Space Strategy Focuses On Combat Readiness, Resiliency  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Space Strategy Focuses On Combat Readiness, Resiliency
« on: December 15, 2023, 06:33:28 pm »
New Space Strategy Focuses On Combat Readiness, Resiliency
12/14/2023
By Josh Luckenbaugh   

The Space Force this fall adopted a new mission statement and released a comprehensive strategy outlining its objectives and how it plans to achieve them as its domain of operations becomes more contested and congested.

In the “Comprehensive Strategy for the Space Force” — dated August 2023 but not released publicly until October — Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall noted the United States’ “dependency on space has only grown over time.” Today, “the entire Joint Force is designed and postured around the assumption that space capabilities will always be readily available,” the strategy stated.

At the same time, “potential adversaries” such as China and Russia “have operationalized space to enable attacks on our forces and to deny those forces the services from space that they depend on to execute global military operations,” Kendall wrote. The strategy identified China as the Space Force’s pacing challenge — as it is for the rest of the Defense Department.

Chief of Space Operations Gen. B. Chance Saltzman said China has rapidly built a “very exquisite kill web that is space enabled.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/12/14/new-space-strategy-focuses-on-combat-readiness-resiliency
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 06:34:20 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New Space Strategy Focuses On Combat Readiness, Resiliency
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 06:36:18 pm »
What exciting thinking coming from the military!  Why hasn't it occurred to anyone before that readiness and resiliency are important to success!! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson