Author Topic: ‘Catastrophic Climate Tipping Points’ Paper Is ‘Political Advocacy’ Dressed Up As Science  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANTHONY WATTS ON DEC 11, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

‘Catastrophic Climate Tipping Points’ Paper Is ‘Political Advocacy’ Dressed Up As Science

politico tipping pointsThis week a number of mainstream and online media outlets have run alarming headlines warning of imminent “catastrophic climate tipping points,” citing a recently published paper that warns of the immediate danger of passing the 1.5°C mark of planetary warming.

The claim is false. [emphasis, links added]

Not only does objective data show that this mark has already been passed with no effects whatsoever, but the claimed dangers are based on climate model projections, not actual cause-and-effect connections demonstrated by data.

For example, The Guardian blares the headline: Earth on verge of five catastrophic climate tipping points, scientists warn, while Politico writes Catastrophic climate ‘tipping points’ may be imminent.

According to The Guardian:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/catastrophic-climate-tipping-points-paper-is-political-advocacy-dressed-up-as-science/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Climate change has been one of the great drivers of Darwinian evolution for hundereds of millions of years.

If it's getting hotter, build more desalinization plants, more water recycling plants, more reservoirs, more aqueducts, more irrigation systems, and swimming pools.

What a bunch of Green Communist crybabies.

Adapt, or die, b!tche$.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright