Author Topic: Michelle and Barack Obama’s latest movie warns not to trust white people  (Read 533 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 12, 2023
Michelle and Barack Obama’s latest movie warns not to trust white people
By Andrea Widburg

A year after leaving the White House, Barack and Michelle Obama created a production company called Higher Ground Productions that would produce documentaries and high-end movies. Their most recent movie, though, seemingly seeks the lowest ground possible, for it appears to stoke racial hatred in the context of an apocalypse.

According to the Higher Ground website, Leave the World Behind throws a white and black couple together during a massive cyberattack:

A family’s (Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawke) vacation is upended when two strangers (Mahershala Ali and Myha’la) arrive at night, seeking refuge from a cyberattack that grows more terrifying by the minute, forcing everyone to come to terms with their places in a collapsing world.

It’s not just that the Obamas produced the movie through their company. Barack was involved in writing the script:

\
more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/12/michelle_and_barack_obamas_latest_movie_warns_not_to_trust_white_people.html
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 03:16:41 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Michelle and Barack Obama’s latest movie warns not to trust white people
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 04:30:03 pm »
 ////00000////

I haven't trusted Whitey for years.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 04:32:16 pm »
Damn Honkey's
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 04:55:01 pm »
Oh well.  At least their daughters are dependable, 75% of the time.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 05:14:35 pm »
We were all set to watch this, not knowing about anyone’s involvement other than Julia Roberts’. My husband got only as far as the beginning credits, saw the Obamas names listed as producers and stopped the movie.
Felt disgusted and we didn’t even watch it.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2023, 06:12:04 pm »
In a real-world SHTF scenario, there are very few people, if any, I would trust of any color...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2023, 07:07:00 pm »
We were all set to watch this, not knowing about anyone’s involvement other than Julia Roberts’. My husband got only as far as the beginning credits, saw the Obamas names listed as producers and stopped the movie.
Felt disgusted and we didn’t even watch it.

I'll watch it

Mainly, to see if the claim made here is true.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2023, 04:01:09 pm »
December 13, 2023
The best part of Obama’s ridiculous new Netflix film
By Patricia McCarthy

Many brilliant and funny people have already weighed in on the terrible, manipulative, and silly film streaming on Netflix that Barack and Michelle Obama had a hand in producing, Leave the World Behind.  One has only to read some of the over a thousand comments on Rotten Tomatoes, where 75% of the critics liked it, and only 39% of audiences did, to see mockery at its very best.  There are also 851 comments on IMDB that make for amusing reading.  Andrea Widburg’s column here at AT is also a comic takedown.  Sure, a few people liked it.  But 95% of the comments are not only hilarious, but wise.  They are definitely entertaining.  The few comments that rave about the film are occasionally the funniest of all.

Many critics address the racism they see in the film.  The Julia Roberts character, Amanda, is instantly suspicious when the handsome black man in a tux and his daughter show up at the door of their rented vacation house late at night.  She is as over-the-top nasty as can be for no perceptible reason.  His daughter makes it clear that she doesn’t trust white people any more than Amanda trusts black people.  But naturally, in the mysterious crisis that ensues, they all become pals.  Of course they do.  In the midst of a disaster, skin color has no meaning.  A middle-schooler could have written this script.

There are numerous insanely stupid scenes, with CGI deer and flamingos like something out of Evan Almighty.  These animals enter and exit without any explanation.  There is a plane crash or two reminiscent of the TV series Lost.  But for the un-remarked-upon best scene?  Fifty-plus self-driving white Teslas speeding into one another on a two-lane road.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/12/the_best_part_of_obamas_ridiculous_new_netflix_film.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 04:03:34 pm »
I'll watch it

Mainly, to see if the claim made here is true.

Take one for the team.  happy77
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell