Author Topic: The Most Insufferable Woman In America Wins Time’s ‘Person Of The Year’  (Read 2034 times)

Offline mountaineer

Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
Unpopular opinion: I don't like Taylor Swift but it makes sense that she won Person of the Year. She had 3 number one albums, sold like 40 billion concert tickets, and had a top grossing movie in one calendar year. Plus nobody else besides Elon Musk did anything interesting. 2023 was kind of a down year for the human species. Swift wins by default.
2:35 PM · Dec 7, 2023

Debatable.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I wouldn't know Ms. Swift's voice if I heard it.
I don't think I've ever heard one of her songs.

(I don't listen to popular radio, or any radio at all, for that matter. The house doesn't have a standalone radio in it. There's one in the car, but I never tune it in.)

Online cato potatoe

I just looked up her most popular videos on YouTube.  This crap is played everywhere.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I wouldn't know Ms. Swift's voice if I heard it.
I don't think I've ever heard one of her songs.

(I don't listen to popular radio, or any radio at all, for that matter. The house doesn't have a standalone radio in it. There's one in the car, but I never tune it in.)
I call BS.

Unless you completely avoid retail stores, you've heard her. Like Whamageddon, it takes a special, active effort to avoid her ubiquitous presence.

This is just your typical "I'm too hip/unhip for that kind of music" pablum that nobody actually experiences.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
j.myrle wrote:
"I call BS.
Unless you completely avoid retail stores, you've heard her. Like Whamageddon, it takes a special, active effort to avoid her ubiquitous presence."

The only "retail stores" I go in are supermarkets and Walmart, and maybe Lowe's once in a while. I can't name one song she sings. If they played her on muzak, I wouldn't know.

I really have no idea what she sounds like.
I stopped listening to nearly all "popular music" in the 1970's -- before you were born.

My music was bluegrass and folk. These days, more traditional "Celtic" along with some classical, too.

But pop and "mainstream" country? And anything else?
Nope.

Actually, before I checked in here a few minutes ago, I was listening to a few of my own recordings from several years' back. Just to remind myself that I used to sound better than I do now!

I was saddened to read today that Terry Baucom had just passed.
Tell me who he was, please...?
(everyone in BG would know that name)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I just remember that K. West black fellow that supported Trump tossed Taylor to the side at one reward show to harp another black singer and claimed racism as the reason Beyoncé didn't win. Probable why Swift is so much a Biden puppet now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIfyvZDrcwA

She later suggested this about West....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB9fbkWctIc

Yet Mega just ate up West's endorsement of Trump while I said it was a mistake that would bit them in the butt.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 04:32:22 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I call BS.

Unless you completely avoid retail stores, you've heard her. Like Whamageddon, it takes a special, active effort to avoid her ubiquitous presence.

This is just your typical "I'm too hip/unhip for that kind of music" pablum that nobody actually experiences.

@jmyrlefuller

@Fishrrman

He has no doubt heard her voice,and had no idea who it was singing.

I am pretty sure I have heard her voice also,but had no idea who it was singing.

Just because I accidentally heard her singing doesn't make me a fan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I call BS.

BS??

Haven't heard her sing a damned note.  Haven't heard her speak.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

BS??

Haven't heard her sing a damned note.  Haven't heard her speak.

Same. I’m absolutely unable to identify her music.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Same. I’m absolutely unable to identify her music.

I can't say the same, she was a country music artist at the beginning and thus it melted into everything here. At some time after that, she went pure pop and I don't think I heard her again except on MSM reporting. Yeah, she pops to the top of Youtube results, but I don't click it.

Just for the Trump fans.... 

Quote from: DONALdTRUMp
Let's say that I like Taylor's music.....

Full quote ""Let's say that I like Taylor's music about 25 percent less now, okay?"" -Donald Trump
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:05:00 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

I can't say the same, she was a country music artist at the beginning and thus it melted into everything here. At some time after that, she went pure pop and I don't think I heard her again except on MSM reporting. Yeah, she pops to the top of Youtube results, but I don't click it.

Yep.