Author Topic: 'Offshore' wind energy is 10 times more expensive than nuclear energy  (Read 123 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Offshore' wind energy is 10 times more expensive than nuclear energy

Eight professors claim in the SvD (Svenska Dagbladet) Debate of November 16 that wind energy is cheaper than nuclear energy.

We compared the investment costs of nuclear energy with the costs of offshore wind energy based on completed projects with comparable power

A few years ago, a new 1,400 MW South Korean nuclear power plant built in the United Arab Emirates cost SEK 60 billion.

Around the same time, the equivalent impact of offshore wind energy in Britain cost SEK 70 billion.

Because the nuclear power plant lasts at least 3 times as long as the wind power plant, three new generations of wind energy can be built during the life of the nuclear power plant, namely 3 x 70 = 210 billion kroner (roughly calculated, fixed prices, no interest, no inflation).

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/12/offshore-windenergie-10-maal-zo-duur-als-kernenergie/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson