Author Topic: Defense Secretary Austin calls out those who advocate isolationism  (Read 378 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense Secretary Austin calls out those who advocate isolationism
By Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press
 Dec 3, 11:07 AM

SIMI VALLEY, Calif. — Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Saturday denounced those who advocate “an American retreat from responsibility” and said sustained U.S. leadership is needed to help keep the world as safe, free and prosperous as possible. He also urged Congress to end the partisan gridlock that has stalled the federal budget and war spending.

The United States must reject calls to turn away from global interests and become more isolationist, he told an audience of lawmakers, corporate and defense leaders and government officials attending a security conference. Those who “try to pull up the drawbridge,” he said, undermine the security 
Office of Management and Budget warns Congress on funding for Ukraine
In his remarks at the Reagan National Defense Forum in California’s Simi Valley, Austin delivered a lengthy defense of U.S. support to Israel in its war against Hamas and to Ukraine in its struggle to battle Russia’s invasion. He said “the world will only become more dangerous if tyrants and terrorists believe that they can get away with wholesale aggression and mass slaughter.”

Austin met privately with top lawmakers on the House and Senate Armed Services Committees.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2023/12/03/defense-secretary-austin-calls-out-those-who-advocate-isolationism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Defense Secretary Austin calls out those who advocate isolationism
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 04:50:15 pm »
I'm sure the Secretary isn't aware there is a difference between isolationists and those who don't believe we should be getting involved in every conflict on planet earth.  But, as a loyal democrat, he needs a name to call those who disagree with him. *look*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 03:59:31 am »
We can darned sure pull up the drawbridge (end this insane invasion), and STILL patrol the moat.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 05:42:54 am »
This dufous, and the entire Pedo Joe group of imbecillics are last people on earth who will ever call me out about anything.  Them can go F themselves deep and often.

Hmmmmm...

In my lifetime....   Vietnam, WOT, Afghanistan, Iraq.....  hows these all worked out for us?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.