Author Topic: ‘Market for juvenile organs’: Migrants on way to U.S. face danger of organ trafficking  (Read 217 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Market for juvenile organs’: Migrants on way to U.S. face danger of organ trafficking

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Sunday, December 3, 2023
The market for illegally trafficked human organs such as kidneys, livers and lungs is small but growing — and at least some of the supply appears to be provided by traffickers who target migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Jarrod Sadulski, a criminology expert and associate professor at the American Military University, brought the issue to Congress last month with searing testimony about organ trafficking — juvenile organs in particular — along major migrant smuggling corridors.

He described one case, told to him by a rehabilitated gang member in Central America, of a 12-year-old boy who was kidnapped in Mexico to harvest his eye. Someone paid $15,000 for it.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/dec/3/migrants-may-risk-organ-trafficking-on-way-to-us/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As our beloved president would say:  "So, what's your point?"
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson