Author Topic: Sen. Ron Johnson: Russia-Ukraine war will end ‘in a negotiated settlement’  (Read 325 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Sen. Ron Johnson: Russia-Ukraine war will end ‘in a negotiated settlement’
by Lauren Irwin - 12/03/23 7:00 AM ET

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said he thinks the war between Russia and Ukraine will end “in a negotiated settlement” in recent comments.

In an interview with radio talk show host John Catsimatidis on “The Cats Roundtable,” Johnson said the war between Russia and Ukraine is “not a fair fight,” citing Russia’s nuclear weapons.

“The only way this war ends is in a negotiated settlement. Every day that goes by while this war continues, more Ukrainians die, citizens and soldiers, more Russian conscripts die. I take no joy in that. More of Ukraine gets destroyed,” Johnson said. “So, the sooner that they reach a negotiated settlement, the better from my standpoint.”

Johnson said he thinks Russia will not lose the war against its neighbor to the southeast. The Wisconsin senator said he doesn’t “like that reality, but it’s true.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/4339551-sen-ron-johnson-russia-ukraine-war-will-end-negotiated-settlement/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Even though I am definitely not a fan of the corrupt Zellinski, I think we all have to send props to the brave Ukranian who have kept this bully at bay for about 2. years now, when Bad Vlad thought it would take 2 weeks.

Settlement?  Johnson might be right.  How about cede the Donbass region for Crimea?  I understand Donbass is (was) essentially Russian stock anyway.

Side benefit....  I think what has happened there has postponed the Chicom's planned acquistion of Taiwan.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
You knew this was coming within a couple of months after the war started.

There was no way possible for Ukraine to "win". It would become a war of attrition, and Russia has far too much more to "atrit".

The Crimea is Russian now, and won't be returned. That was reality BEFORE the war began.

So... at this point Russia won't be settling without "more".
And that "more" will be the Donbas region and additional territory along the Black Sea.

Ukraine had better be willing to make their best deal -- or they may find that others will be making it for them.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Offline Hoodat

Think of how much different things would be if US policy had worked for a Ukrainian victory instead of a long drawn out stalemate to bleed Putin.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Is Putin upset at defeatist opinions that Russia can't be defeated and the Ukraine can only lose?  Who would be talking so and whose side are they likely to be on?  Months after this suggested truce, i expect Putin will wait until the Ukraine lets its guard down, then push a full on BLITZ KREIG, and those that advised this truce will find they once again have amnesia of what they worked so to accomplish, a Russian victory/Ukraine defeat they spreads even much further.  Commies even undercover Commies have no conscience.  Consciences seared as with a hot iron-scripture (and amnesia of convenience too)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 08:17:15 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You knew this was coming within a couple of months after the war started.

There was no way possible for Ukraine to "win". It would become a war of attrition, and Russia has far too much more to "atrit".

The Crimea is Russian now, and won't be returned. That was reality BEFORE the war began.

So... at this point Russia won't be settling without "more".
And that "more" will be the Donbas region and additional territory along the Black Sea.

Ukraine had better be willing to make their best deal -- or they may find that others will be making it for them.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Well said.