Author Topic: Senator Manchin Brutally Attacks Biden Administration's EV Policy that Boosts China  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senator Manchin Brutally Attacks Biden Administration's EV Policy that Boosts China
By Elizabeth Allen
Published December 1, 2023 at 6:52pm

Democratic Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia has sharply criticized the Biden administration for its recent policy that effectively enables Chinese companies to benefit from U.S. taxpayer-funded electric vehicle (EV) tax credits.

Manchin, who heads the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee and was a key architect of the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), expressed his intention to counter this guidance through legislative means and support any legal challenges against it.

“I remember waiting in line at the gas station in 1974 after the oil embargo, and I can tell you that I do not intend to wait in line for a battery produced in China if I am forced to buy an EV. The United States has never had to rely on foreign adversaries to build our cars and trucks,” Manchin said in a statement Friday.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/senator-manchin-brutally-attacks-biden-administrations-ev-policy-boosts-china
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson