Author Topic: Liz Cheney says US 'sleepwalking into a dictatorship' with Trump as GOP frontrunner  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney says US 'sleepwalking into a dictatorship' with Trump as GOP frontrunner
by Rachel Schilke, Breaking News Reporter
December 01, 2023 01:36 PM

Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) believes former President Donald Trump's potential primary win and reelection will bring the United States closer to a "dictatorship."

Cheney said in a preview clip aired from her interview with CBS Sunday Morning that "he's told us what he will do." Her answer was in response to John Dickerson asking her, “You say, Donald Trump, if he is reelected, it will be the end of the republic. What do you mean?”

"It’s very easy to see the steps that he will take. People who say, 'well, if he’s elected, it’s not that dangerous because we have all of these checks and balances,' don’t fully understand the extent to which the Republicans in Congress today have been co-opted," Cheney said.

"One of the things that we see happening today is sort of sleepwalking into a dictatorship in the United States," Cheney continued.

Cheney's CBS interview focuses on her new book, Oath and Honor: A Memoir and a Warning, which she concludes by calling the defeat of Trump in the 2024 election "the cause of our time."

In the book, she recounts a moment on Jan. 6, 2021, when Republicans were being asked to sign sheets for electoral vote objections — one for each state the GOP was contesting, according to an excerpt obtained by CNN.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/liz-cheney-trump-primary-win-us-sleepwalking-into-dictatorship
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The 'dictatorship' wing of American government is her, and Biden/Obama/Pelosi with their secretaries Hochul and Whitmer. They want full unchecked absolute authority over everything.

Democrats represent the new Fourth Reich. Trump and some Republicans are trying to oppose it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats love to blame their opposition for what democrats are up to.  Odd so many people are clueless as to the obvious, and so repetitively so. 
The nearer we get to the next Presidential election the harder democrats will posture, God, Country, Christians, regardless of the previous years of being dead set against them.  Sad and pathetic this tactic has worked for them for so long, clueless fools glad to be made fool of must number in the millions.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 10:54:56 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online DefiantMassRINO

We've been sleepwalking into dictatorship for a very long time.

Representative government has become less representative as instutional power is consolidated and concentrated to fewer indidivuals.

The House has concentrated too much into the Office of Speaker.

The US Senate finds itself at the insanity of extremes - mundane measures require a supermajority to pass, and to the other extreme, a single member can put our nation at risk by obstructing military appointments.

In Congress, "frameworks of understanding" have replaced written legislation.  To bypass debate and amendment, Congressional leaders abuse the parliamentary "Reconciliation Process" to circumvent the legislative process prescribed by the Founding Fathers.

Concurrently, we've seen the rise of the Imperial Presidency where the slightest of majorities is considered an absolute mandate, and dictates (rules, regulations, Executive Orders) have become substitutues for law.

Change must come from the States because it won't come from DC.  The States need to take back their powers by modifying the allocation of Electors.

Winner-take-all allocation has allowed single party monopolies to develop within states.

Allocating Senator Electors for the statewide winner, and allocating House Electors for their respective Districts, will force greater intra-state competition between the Dems and GOP.

A Republican Presidential Candidate would have the opportunity to win a House Elector in a Dem majority state.  A Dem Presidential Candidate would have the opportunity to win a House Elector in a GOP majority state.  Competition is a driver of progress in politics, as well as in capitalism and evolution.

Normally, no Presidential candidate would give a turd about Maine or Nebraska.  But, in 2020, in the waning days of the Election, both the Biden and Trump campaigns had to give attention to those states becuase of the competition to win their House Electors.

Dems would have to compete for and heed Red State voters.  GOP would have to compete for and heed Blue State voters.

Every state has the potential to become a checkerboard of Red and Blue versus being a monolithic solid color monopoly.

States, and the people of the States, have the ability to change Washington DC for the better.  Both the RNC and DNC might oppose such measures because they decentralize power away from DC back to the States and their Citizens.

Power is taken, not given.  If nothing changes, nothing changes.  Having the courage to pursue change of Elector allocation is a way for the People and the States to force change upon DC.

Federalism is the Founders' solution to avoiding dictatorship.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Where has this ignorant, arrogant Beyotch been the last three years of an actual dicktatorship....Brandon's? I'm not happy with things Trump did/didn't do but crying that he would be dictator while never once saying anything bad about the democrat resident who actually is behaving like one? I think Lizard needs to spend more time hunting with daddy 888mouth

Offline LMAO

Where has this ignorant, arrogant Beyotch been the last three years of an actual dicktatorship....Brandon's? I'm not happy with things Trump did/didn't do but crying that he would be dictator while never once saying anything bad about the democrat resident who actually is behaving like one? I think Lizard needs to spend more time hunting with daddy 888mouth

She won’t say much of anything regarding the current regime’s abuses of power because then she won’t be invited on the networks to give her political opinion

Do you think she would be invited back to MSNBC if she went after the current administration with the same vim and vigor as she’s going after Trump? She’s enjoying the accolades she’s getting from the left wing press

She’s let herself become the useful idiot for the left
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 02:27:58 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online the OlLine Rebel

This is actually the problem I have with many of these would-be Repubs.

They are big on publicly beating up on Trump, and also fail to criticize Dems.

Our gov Larry Hogan pulled this a lot.  He’d criticize Trump publicly but not much of that hatred for Dems, in his state or not.

I was Ok with Hogan but not crazy about him pulling a Trump on Trump.  Hogan wasn’t even attacked by Trump so it was really…Trumpian.  I don’t like Trump but he is still officially a Republican and as a politician in public, Id avoid saying anything about him.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is actually the problem I have with many of these would-be Repubs.

They are big on publicly beating up on Trump, and also fail to criticize Dems.

Our gov Larry Hogan pulled this a lot.  He’d criticize Trump publicly but not much of that hatred for Dems, in his state or not.

I was Ok with Hogan but not crazy about him pulling a Trump on Trump.  Hogan wasn’t even attacked by Trump so it was really…Trumpian.  I don’t like Trump but he is still officially a Republican and as a politician in public, Id avoid saying anything about him.

My feelings on this were always that there were plenty on the left, most of the media, and pretty much all of Hollywood blasting Trump 24/7, so there was no shortage of criticism.   

Elected Republicans - whatever they thought about Trump - should have ensured that the Democeat destruction of the wasn't getting overlooked.  Instead, they wasted bandwidth on the already over-saturated issue of criticizing Trump.