Author Topic: Americans now unwilling to fight for their country?  (Read 736 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Americans now unwilling to fight for their country?
« on: November 18, 2023, 06:22:46 pm »
November 18, 2023
Americans now unwilling to fight for their country?
By Eric Utter

A disheartening new poll conducted by the Echelon Insights research institute purports to show that 72% of American voters would not be willing to volunteer to fight for their country if the United States faced a major conflict.

The poll of 1,029 likely voters, obtained by Newsweek, was conducted October 23-26, in the days following the heinous Hamas terror attacks against Israel on October 7.

That the overwhelming majority of U.S. adults apparently would not be willing to serve in the United States military if the country faced another major war is concerning to say the least, especially given extreme tensions in the Middle East and surrounding Iran, Russia, China, and North Korea, the modern day Axis of Evil.

By contrast, a Daily Mail poll conducted by J.L. Partners and released early last month found that 64% of 1,000 likely voters were willing to die defending the United States-- in the event of an invasion. However, the same poll showed that fully 30% of Americans ages 18-29 would rather surrender than die fighting for their country. Moreover, the poll found that less than half-- 46% to be exact-- of Democrats would be willing to die fighting for the U.S. Sadly, the latter figure is anything but a shock. Why would you lay down your life for a nation you despise, one peopled with oppressors and—Trump supporters?!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/11/americans_now_unwilling_to_fight_for_their_country.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Americans now unwilling to fight for their country?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 10:34:39 pm »
"...a Daily Mail poll conducted by J.L. Partners and released early last month found that 64% of 1,000 likely voters were willing to die defending the United States-- in the event of an invasion."

Ummm.... about 8 million (most of them military-aged males) have "invaded" the USA in the last 3 years.
How many more will it take?

I do have to agree with the premise of the article.

I would not advise any young white male to serve today, as he would [essentially] be serving in a military that is propping up a central government that not only no longer represents him, but actually loathes "who he is".

I've asked this question before in the forum and I'll ask it again:
How many of you would be willing to send your sons and daughters (or grandsons and granddaughters) to shed their blood for the Taiwanese in a war with China?

C'mon, step right up and make yourselves proud.
We're waiting...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 12:02:35 am »
Well,I am GUESSING  that some of them think that way because they don't think this IS  "their country" anymore.

It seems to belong to the illegal aliens and the multi-Billionaires like Bill Gate more and more with  each day that passes,and the typical American is nothing more than a worker bee that pays the taxes so the parasites can live for free.

And the truth is,given the budgets passed by Congress with all the stealing done by Congresscritters,it won't be long before the US is actually owned by the Chinese and the international bankers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 01:39:18 am »
From the article….

However, the same poll showed that fully 30% of Americans ages 18-29 would rather surrender than die fighting for their country.

That’s a little disturbing

Imagine that attitude in the early 1940s
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 01:57:28 am »
From the article….

However, the same poll showed that fully 30% of Americans ages 18-29 would rather surrender than die fighting for their country.

@LMAO

Look at the way that sentence if phrased. Dying is NOT optional,but a sure thing.

I volunteered for Special Project missions in VN,and it was said to be the most dangerous assignment in VN. Nobody ever claimed that EVERYBODY in Special Projects was going to die in combat,though.

Even though we SOMETIMES had a 100 percent causality rate,a lot of those causalities were from wounds that did NOT result in deaths.

Good luck finding ANYBODY willing to volunteer for an assignment with a KIA rate of 100 percent,though.

AND....,it needs to be said that not all wounds were serious wounds that would require hospitalization,either. Most could be handled by one of the team medics with no real problem. If fact,I helped "rescue" a couple of our guys that got shot up pretty badly on a mission and were scheduled to be medi-evaced to  either Okinawa or the US. They called the camp and told us this was going to happen and asked us to send a truck to come and rescue them,so that is what happened.

Unfortunately both of these men were killed on later missions. Some people just seemed to be "bullet magnets".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 02:51:51 am »
From the article….

I can't imagine that attitude in the forties, there will always be some that refuse to fight out of fear or other reasons, but in the forties we were still a very patriotic nation with love and respect for America. The truth is that every decade since has seen an attack on patriotism and America and that attack has been amplified each and every year by the communists brainwashing each generation to hate America and all it stands for. I bet if you if we could see the numbers of draft dodgers and compare them from WWI to WWII to Korea to Vietnam(which if I recall was the end of the draft) we would see the success of the communists in our schools quite plainly. And since then the attack on our military has proceeded exponentially.

Of course trying to sell going to war to stop the red menace isn't going to go over to well when it's obvious to most that the red menace is in fact our government.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 02:54:01 am by GtHawk »

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 03:09:25 am »
Many Americans no longer trust their government. When white straight males are considered the enemy of "democracy" and people are promoted based on their skin color and/or mental illness sane people stay away in droves.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 03:14:52 am »
Who here would want Joe Biden (or Kamala, Hillary, Mooch Obama or any other freak show wannabe president) for your commander in chief?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org