Author Topic: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary  (Read 21934 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2023, 01:52:15 am »
@DCPatriot

Funny that... because my called shots say Tumpy will win the primary, but lose the general. That's  what I have said, on the record. But that won't stop me from backing DeSantis, because voting is not supposed to be about team play - In fact the Founders spoke directly against it. If you want to look at called shots, look to them... because they saw your kind of thinking 200 years ago.
:amen:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2023, 02:26:46 am »
Sorry...I cannot with good conscience vote for Donald Trump.  Not going to happen.

DeSantis was our last shot at saving this Republic; Trump started negatively smearing him for no reason. He was too cowardly to debate him as DeSantis' accomplishments and conservatism are unmatched by any candidate running. Without a conservative win we will lose this Republic.  I'm deeply concerned with the issues going on in the world and our current weak leadership on all fronts we won't make it to '24 as a country and certainly we won't see a free and fair election. Thank you Ronna for your tremendous efforts. /s
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2023, 02:44:32 am »
The same people who, for the past three days, were consoling me, encouraging me to find hope in the future to stop me from self-harm... now admit that the future is bleak.

Tell me why I shouldn't go through with it, then. Because I will not live through another Lockdown Trump presidency. I won't do it.

Yes, I'm holding myself hostage.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2023, 02:55:55 am »
But having said that, I can confidently predict that not one other Republican presidential nominee -- NO ONE -- would have a better chance than Mr. Trump at winning, regardless.

Nikki Haley?
Tim Scott?
Chris Christie?
Ramaswamy?

C'mon folks, stop the b.s.

For many of the posters in this forum -- members who are certainly smarter than me -- it's time to look reality in the face.

Win or lose, you know who "the candidate" is gonna be for our side.
You can vote for the party when the time comes, or... shirk away in your self-satisfaction.

Having a Swamp supporting Democrat as the Republican nominee is not my idea of 'winning'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2023, 03:03:56 am »
My dark horse GOP Primary candidate is Asa Hutchinson.  If he hangs around through the RNC convention, the nomination may fall into his lap by virtue of being the last man standing.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:04:58 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline corbe

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2023, 03:08:23 am »
   Your first analogy insinuates that a 'Younger, Stronger Conservative' should not buck the GOP and run against a NY Liberal.  Sen Cruz and Gov DeSantis disagree with you @Fishrrman   :beer:

I noticed you left the Laters name off your secondary list   :shrug:

Trump will provide for US, again~Tempory Solutions TO Permanent Problems.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2023, 03:08:44 am »
@DCPatriot
The sad part is, while backing both Cruz and DeSantis was no fail at all, you are blind to the fact, thinking that it is.

The failure was Tumpy.. And it will be again. So get your strut on all you want. It is meaningless.

It makes any prediction you make suspect, my friend.

"You was wrong, Paulie!" Tony [Joe Viterelli] in Eraser.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2023, 03:09:53 am »
And you are a $2 trillion deficit guy.

Donald Trump!  PASS!
Joe Biden!  PASS!

:laugh:    888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2023, 03:10:55 am »
The same people who, for the past three days, were consoling me, encouraging me to find hope in the future to stop me from self-harm... now admit that the future is bleak.

Tell me why I shouldn't go through with it, then. Because I will not live through another Lockdown Trump presidency. I won't do it.

IF Trump is the nominee, and if he should happen to somehow miraculously win the presidency, do you honestly believe he'd be stupid enough to try and lock this country down again?  Besides, ultimately, he left it up to the states. Unfortunately some states believed Fauci and bought into the hype or were part of the game.  Large populations died because of the lockdowns, people are not going to buy into the hype anymore. 

Have you considered moving out of your area into a more affordable, rural locale?  A fresh start, a new beginning.  You are so young, you have your whole life ahead of you.

The future lies with YOU.  Remember HOPE is essential and GOD will not allow it to rain forever. Going through rough patches is inevitable and we may go through even more rough patches. Everyone goes through rough patches and the future appears to be bleak. However, we never truly know what tomorrow holds.  Tomorrow may hold the most wonderful day you've ever had. If you surrender, you will never be able to experience that wonderful day. 

Sure, I believe we will see very turbulent days ahead, but I also believe that eventually we will see brighter days.  The brightest days we've ever experienced.

It's like riding a roller coaster -- uncertain how you're going to handle the ups and downs and twists and turns, but when the shock of the ride is over, you realize that it wasn't so bad and you made it.

Look at you now @jmyrlefuller - you made it.  You can make it once again!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2023, 03:12:55 am »
I'm a Trump voter. Everyone here knows that.

Over the past few months, I haven't taken personal shots at Ron DeSantis. There was no reason to do so. He's doing a fine job as governor of Florida, he's probably the most effective Republican governor today.

But it was a mistake for him to attempt a challenge against the obvious nominee, at least this time 'round. All that's resulted from this is bad political blood that didn't need to be shed. He's just not ready yet.

I will look forward to Mr. DeSantis running again in 2028 -- regardless of whether or not Mr. Trump wins or loses. 4 years from now, Mr. DeSantis will have completed two full terms as governor, and will have 2027 and 2028 to prepare for his run at the presidency.

And I'm also on record in this forum for stating that I realize that even Mr. Trump will have a difficult time defeating The Party's underground and above-ground election apparatus in 2024. I rate his chances as no better than 50-50, maybe even not quite that good. The left is growing too strong in too many places.

But having said that, I can confidently predict that not one other Republican presidential nominee -- NO ONE -- would have a better chance than Mr. Trump at winning, regardless.

Nikki Haley?
Tim Scott?
Chris Christie?
Ramaswamy?

For many of the posters in this forum -- members who are certainly smarter than me -- it's time to look reality in the face.

You can vote for the party when the time comes, or... shirk away in your self-satisfaction.

Carry on...

Big Bump here, @Fishrrman    :beer: :patriot:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2023, 03:28:33 am »
It makes any prediction you make suspect, my friend.

"You was wrong, Paulie!" Tony [Joe Viterelli] in Eraser.

Not at all @DCPatriot ... You and me, we ain't even playing the same game... Like I said, go ahead and get your strut on. It don't matter even if he wins, because it will predictably be just as Pyrrhic as last time. And you can brag your ass off about putting another liberal in the White.House either way it goes.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2023, 03:30:07 am »

You aren’t imagining the despicable characters in charge of both major parties.  But even though this country is fast becoming a joke, there is no reason to take it personally, and there are plenty of ways to distract oneself.  I moved south and took up fishing, and am starting to windsurf.  The extra sunlight can help with any seasonal blues as well. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2023, 03:31:19 am »
:laugh:    888high58888

@DCPatriot I'd like to know how you think that Trump is going to be found not guilty of all of the 90+ felonies.  They only need to make one charge stick and they can hang him.

It has become apparent in the last couple of his speeches that the stress is getting to him or perhaps even dementia is starting to settle in.

Realistically age is NOT on his side.  Realistically the leftists are never going to let him near the WH again.

Polls are polls and they are just now stating that Trump is beating Brandon??  After all the demented things he's done, and it's just now starting to catch up with him??  Seriously @DCPatriot, Trump may be better than Brandon, but so is just about every politician out there.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2023, 03:32:44 am »
I saw a buck outside my home office window today.

The future is not bleak.  It can feel bleak because November can be a cold, dark month with muted colors or only many shades of grey.  Nature is preparing herself for hibernation during the upcoming Winter so she can start anew in the Spring.

Those who seek to mold us to fit their purpose need us to be fearful, angry, and hopeless so we are more susceptible to their malignant influence.

Fear not.  Trust not the false idols in the media.  They lead us away from the warmth and the light of being alive.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:37:56 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2023, 03:35:57 am »
You aren’t imagining the despicable characters in charge of both major parties.  But even though this country is fast becoming a joke, there is no reason to take it personally, and there are plenty of ways to distract oneself.  I moved south and took up fishing, and am starting to windsurf.  The extra sunlight can help with any seasonal blues as well.

Oh wow, windsurfing? Whew. I sat on the beach one afternoon and watched several windsurfers.  It looks like a lot of fun, but it also looks like it takes a tremendous amount of energy and strength.

I can fish in my backyard off our seawall -- I don't mind throwing a line in the water, it's baiting the hook that I don't like.  :laugh: 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2023, 03:36:47 am »
Not at all @DCPatriot ... You and me, we ain't even playing the same game... Like I said, go ahead and get your strut on. It don't matter even if he wins, because it will predictably be just as Pyrrhic as last time. And you can brag your ass off about putting another liberal in the White.House either way it goes.

You're not getting off so easy after all these years preaching from the high horse @roamer_1

You're comic relief as far as I'm concerned. 

Preaching what's best for America...the 'America' that existed 120 years ago.
Demanding it as the only solution in 2024 America suggests a lobotomy is required.

Actually like Ron DeSantis a lot.   As Florida Governor.   

You should light a candle in front of the Baby Jesus and beg forgiveness.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2023, 03:58:11 am »
@DCPatriot I'd like to know how you think that Trump is going to be found not guilty of all of the 90+ felonies.  They only need to make one charge stick and they can hang him.

It has become apparent in the last couple of his speeches that the stress is getting to him or perhaps even dementia is starting to settle in.

Realistically age is NOT on his side.  Realistically the leftists are never going to let him near the WH again.

Polls are polls and they are just now stating that Trump is beating Brandon??  After all the demented things he's done, and it's just now starting to catch up with him??  Seriously @DCPatriot, Trump may be better than Brandon, but so is just about every politician out there.

@libertybele

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. There is nothing with which I disagree.

Just saying that IMO, he's the only man alive that can possibly get this Republic back on track right now.

Worrying about his fiscal resume while the nation is on fire shows immaturity. 

Don't know if he will be found 'guilty' to the point it will keep him off the ballot.  IMO, that would start a real civil disturbance to say the least.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2023, 03:59:56 am »

This pointing-up

Except I've never windsurfed and have been fishing since toddlerhood

I see Trump and Biden(along with his cackling sidekick) as perfect representatives of today's America
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2023, 04:35:53 am »
I'm a Trump voter. Everyone here knows that.

Over the past few months, I haven't taken personal shots at Ron DeSantis. There was no reason to do so. He's doing a fine job as governor of Florida, he's probably the most effective Republican governor today.

But it was a mistake for him to attempt a challenge against the obvious nominee, at least this time 'round. All that's resulted from this is bad political blood that didn't need to be shed. He's just not ready yet.

I will look forward to Mr. DeSantis running again in 2028 -- regardless of whether or not Mr. Trump wins or loses. 4 years from now, Mr. DeSantis will have completed two full terms as governor, and will have 2027 and 2028 to prepare for his run at the presidency.

And I'm also on record in this forum for stating that I realize that even Mr. Trump will have a difficult time defeating The Party's underground and above-ground election apparatus in 2024. I rate his chances as no better than 50-50, maybe even not quite that good. The left is growing too strong in too many places.

Nikki Haley?
Tim Scott?
Chris Christie?
Ramaswamy?

Carry on...

I get your point...but how do you square that sentiment with Trump himself saying there were Republican challengers he wouldn't support if they won the nomination?

Is "shirking away in your self-satisfaction" okay only if your last name is Trump, or one of his supporters.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 01:25:04 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2023, 04:47:13 am »
DeSantis was our last shot at saving this Republic; Trump started negatively smearing him for no reason. He was too cowardly to debate him as DeSantis' accomplishments and conservatism are unmatched by any candidate running.

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1723830029170376804

https://twitter.com/Lauren3veMemes/status/1693435474021335401

Offline LMAO

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2023, 05:00:25 am »

IF Trump is the nominee, and if he should happen to somehow miraculously win the presidency, do you honestly believe he'd be stupid enough to try and lock this country down again? 

Yes
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2023, 05:01:27 am »
DeSantis was our last shot at saving this Republic;

MAGAs believe the same thing about Trump

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2023, 06:16:08 am »
You're not getting off so easy after all these years preaching from the high horse @roamer_1

You're comic relief as far as I'm concerned. 

Preaching what's best for America...the 'America' that existed 120 years ago.
Demanding it as the only solution in 2024 America suggests a lobotomy is required.

That's the thing about Conservatism - What's true is always true - That's what principles are. And that means YES... What was true then has not changed one iota.

Actually like Ron DeSantis a lot.   As Florida Governor.   

Me too. More so as a president.

You should light a candle in front of the Baby Jesus and beg forgiveness.

He ain't no baby anymore... You should be careful in your handling of the name of the Lion of Judah.

Offline roamer_1

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2023, 06:33:08 am »

He ain't no baby anymore... You should be careful in your handling of the name of the Lion of Judah.

What's the point of your veiled threat?