Author Topic: Biden-Backed Direct Air Capture Facility Can Remove The CO2 Equivalent Of 200 Cars A Year  (Read 539 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON NOV 10, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden-Backed Direct Air Capture Facility Can Remove The CO2 Equivalent Of 200 Cars A Year

granholm presserA direct air capture (DAC) firm backed with subsidies from the federal government opened its first facility in California on Thursday, according to The New York Times.

Heirloom Carbon, which aims to remove one billion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere by 2035, opened the facility to considerable fanfare, with Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm reportedly planning a visit to mark the occasion, according to the NYT.

The company is poised to receive massive subsidies from the federal government to suck up carbon from the atmosphere and repurpose it by sealing it permanently into concrete.

The facility that opened Thursday, located in Tracy, California, is capable of absorbing a maximum of about 1,000 tons of carbon dioxide each year, which is equivalent to the exhaust generated by about 200 cars annually, according to the NYT.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-backed-direct-air-capture-facility-can-remove-the-co2-equivalent-of-200-cars-a-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Words fail me.  This takes 'stupid' to a whole new level.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
First question is where are they putting all this carbon, second since I believe the article stated that the process used was energy intensive so it will no doubt create more 'carbon' than it removes...what the F'k is the point? Third question is who is getting the kick backs from this pointless circle jerk?

Offline Hoodat

I believe the article stated that the process used was energy intensive so it will no doubt create more 'carbon' than it removes...

That is an absolute certainty.  The manufacture of concrete alone generates one ton of CO2 for every ton of concrete created.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That is an absolute certainty.  The manufacture of concrete alone generates one ton of CO2 for every ton of concrete created.

And it can probably provide jobs for illegal immigrants.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
First question is where are they putting all this carbon, second since I believe the article stated that the process used was energy intensive so it will no doubt create more 'carbon' than it removes...what the F'k is the point? Third question is who is getting the kick backs from this pointless circle jerk?
That should be the first question.
Where are all our tax dollars (or the debt our children will be saddled with) going?
Cui bono?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis