Author Topic: Chile’s Climate Constitution  (Read 602 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chile’s Climate Constitution
« on: November 11, 2023, 01:28:20 pm »
Chile’s Climate Constitution
3 hours ago Guest Blogger 
Douglas Pollock

Short after the well-planned communist coup on October 18, 2019 and the burning, destruction, plundering and crime committed in Chile’s main cities, President Piñera unconditionally surrendered and handed over to the extreme left the Constitution in exchange for a peace that only came months later with the pandemic.

This is how a long process to change the Chilean’s basic political document began, process that citizens categorically rejected (62%) in an “exit plebiscite” in September 2022. However, just a few days later and ignoring the people’s mandate in an unconstitutional and illegal collusion between the current extreme leftist president —Boric— and Piñera, a second process was launched to draft a new constitutional text that will end in December 2023 with another plebiscite.

The new Constitution proposal, drafted by a committee of 24 “experts” and approved by 50 constitutional advisors elected by vote last May, is rather closer to those of Nicaragua and Venezuela than to the one enacted in 1980 under the government of President Pinochet that gave Chile stability and economic growth for almost 40 years. Amazingly, a chapter called “Environmental Protection, Sustainability and Development” (chapter XVI) was incorporated. It contains eight articles that raise climate change to a constitutional mandate, something never done by any nation.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/11/11/chiles-climate-constitution/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Chile’s Climate Constitution
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 11:14:48 pm »
Bring back Augusto Pinochet.

And while we're at it, we need someone like him HERE, as well.
(sorry if you don't like that)

Offline LMAO

Re: Chile’s Climate Constitution
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 01:19:42 am »
The beginning of the Venezuela-fying of Chile

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy