Author Topic: Dozens of GOP lawmakers demand Buttigieg stop housing migrants at airports: 'It is your responsibili  (Read 275 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dozens of GOP lawmakers demand Buttigieg stop housing migrants at airports: 'It is your responsibility'
Story by Adam Shaw  •
18h

Well, Joe Biden's back to plagiarizing.
FOX News

FIRST ON FOX: Dozens of House Republicans, led by the head of the Transportation Committee, are calling on Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg to stop migrants being housed at airports across the country, as the federal government scrambles to find ways to house illegal immigrants.

Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sam Graves, House Republican Conference Chairwoman Elise Stefanik, Aviation Subcommittee Chairman Garret Graves and Representative Anthony D’Esposito, R-NY, along with 66 other House Republican lawmakers have written to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg opposing plans to house migrants at airports.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) made written to New York in August recommending 11 federal sites in New York and nearby where migrants could be housed in order to relieve pressure amid a massive migrant surge into the Empire State, including airports.

Bloomberg News reported that those locations included New Jersey’s Atlantic City Airport. It also reportedly includes Massena International Airport, which is a U.S. port of entry for the U.S.-Canada border. It has already provided a hangar at JFK airport.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dozens-of-gop-lawmakers-demand-buttigieg-stop-housing-migrants-at-airports-it-is-your-responsibility/ar-AA1jxQMT?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7352549c99664ef1b3bff16d918ced6a&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson