Author Topic: Sustainable KPMG in a minor key: Electric car threatens to become less attractive than fuel car  (Read 494 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sustainable KPMG in a minor key: Electric car threatens to become less attractive than fuel car

From one of our correspondents.

Rising costs could lead to electric cars becoming less attractive than fuel cars, KPMG concludes. Although electric cars are usually considerably more expensive to buy than cars with an internal combustion engine, the running costs are now often even lower, according to the calculator. This is due to the current discount on road tax, the lower maintenance costs and the lower costs for charging. If the purchase price does not fall more sharply, energy prices start to rise again and the road tax on electric cars is increased, this could ensure that a fuel car becomes cheaper again. KPMG is not happy about that.

The 'accountant' KPMG: and that's exactly what we want,
continue to encourage people to drive electric.
KPMG in their mission statement:

'As one of the important logistics hubs for imports and exports in Europe, the Netherlands plays a key role in the immense sustainability challenge to which the European Union has committed itself with the Green Deal.'

The former accountant now has a big finger in the energy transition pie.

But fortunately, the Dutch are looking more and more critically at the purchase price of the car. Two-thirds of Dutch consumers (66 percent) see price as the most important barrier to purchasing an electric car, according to the survey. Two years ago, this was still 54 percent.

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/11/duurzame-kpmg-in-mineur-elektrische-auto-dreigt-onaantrekkelijker-te-worden-dan-brandstofauto/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As democrats get rid of fossil fuel sources, electricity will have to go up, way up, becoming nearly a monopoly in every state.  Unless, of course, the long-range plan is for government to become the single source of electricity.  Then really watch out. :scared smiley:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Another point that seems to get lost in this madness.....

Can one Briefer name one batteried device they have that provides the same duration of use the time the day they bought it versus say 50, 100, 1000 uses and recharges?

Gonna be some pissed off folks thinking their charge is going to cover a 2 hour,  50 mile commute......  only to need an emergency charge a year later.   

This scam is mind blowing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
As democrats get rid of fossil fuel sources, electricity will have to go up, way up, becoming nearly a monopoly in every state.  Unless, of course, the long-range plan is for government to become the single source of electricity.  Then really watch out. :scared smiley:

They'll have to get our guns first.  I just don't see the general population putting up with nationalizaton of our utilities.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Another point that seems to get lost in this madness.....

Can one Briefer name one batteried device they have that provides the same duration of use the time the day they bought it versus say 50, 100, 1000 uses and recharges?

Gonna be some pissed off folks thinking their charge is going to cover a 2 hour,  50 mile commute......  only to need an emergency charge a year later.   

This scam is mind blowing.
It is 20 degrees outside, right now. So.... subtract the energy used to heat the passenger cabin, and keep the windows defrosted, subtract the loss of energy from the battery due to ambient temperature, and generally just forget the Miles Per Charge, because you are not going to get that here.

I will still get my normal Miles Per Gallon in a hydrocarbon fueled vehicle, and waste heat from the engine will be used to keep the windows clear of frost and the cabin at a comfortable temperature.

One will get me where I need to go, reliably. The other is a big question mark.
When we get 'real Winter' here (consistent subzero temperatures), this becomes a matter of life or death. I know one person who froze to death already this year, and the mercury has yet to dip below zero.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They'll have to get our guns first.  I just don't see the general population putting up with nationalizaton of our utilities.
Hard to say. When oil prices were higher, it was the government pointing the finger at the "greedy oil companies" who invested hundreds of millions of dollars to get a payday, and who left themselves open to loss by selling their product on commodity exchanges, where the buyers set the price, by bidding on lots of that commodity. 

There were common arguments for the Government taking over Oil Companies then, with the likely predictable result that we'd follow the same production curve trajectory Venezuela did when their government took over.

I see the current lockout on leasing Federally controlled land (or blocks offshore) as part of the scheme to eventually try to take over energy production. There is little the Federal Government can do in twice the time with less than half the efficiency that private industry can do, from digging ditches to launching space vehicles. (Is that why Elon Musk's second Starship launch is being held up?)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 07:06:13 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis