Author Topic: American Oligarchy: Meet the Billionaire Mega-Donors Behind the Biden Presidency  (Read 518 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
American Oligarchy: Meet the Billionaire Mega-Donors Behind the Biden Presidency

biden-oligarchsJ. Minchillo/AP; D. Angerer, P. Moreira, P. Fallon, C. Ratcliffe, J. Harris, S. Granitz/Getty
ALEXANDER MARLOW26 Oct 20234,374

Liberals used to decry the influence of money in politics. But in Joe Biden’s America, we have seen the rise of a noxious new generation of left-wing donors. I identify some of the biggest power players in Joe Biden’s American in my book New York Times bestselling book Breaking Biden.

Joe Biden is the quintessential oligarch. He has empowered America’s moneyed elite, and they have empowered him. Biden’s 2020 campaign was the first to raise over $1 billion. Democrats raised $600 million more in “dark money” than Republicans in 2020. Look for those numbers to explode even higher in 2024.

It is important to understand a key principle in modern Democratic politics: if you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu. Today, it’s Joe Biden’s table, and he’s happy to provide the entertainment.

Remember, unlike Joe Biden, all of these oligarchs are good with money. They aren’t giving away tens of millions of dollars out of the goodness of their heart. They want something in return. In each and every case, Joe Biden serves a purpose for them — maybe many purposes.

Let’s meet Joe’s billionaire cabinet:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/26/american-oligarchy-meet-the-billionaire-mega-donors-behind-the-biden-presidency/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Biden Says He Hates Dark Money. His Favorite Super PAC Would Be Broke Without It.
Andrew Kerr   
December 14, 2023

President Joe Biden’s favorite super PAC is almost exclusively funded by a dark money group bankrolled by George Soros, financial disclosures obtained by the Washington Free Beacon show.

Future Forward has raised just $14 million since Biden took office, but its dark money affiliate, Future Forward USA Action, has raised over $129 million in that same time. The group’s latest tax filings show that almost all its funding in 2022 came from just 26 donors, including a $15 million gift from the Soros-funded Open Society Policy Center. The Hopewell Fund, a member of the Arabella Advisors dark money network, donated $1.5 million to Future Forward USA Action in 2022.

Future Forward’s fundraising largesse could open Biden to charges of hypocrisy. The president has repeatedly called dark money a threat to democracy and has endorsed legislative efforts to curtail its influence on American politics. Still, Biden has moved in recent months to elevate Future Forward and its dark money affiliate as the "preeminent super PAC" supporting his 2024 campaign. ...
Free Beacon
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

Biden hates dark money only when it goes to his opponents
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Both sides are beholden to billionaire oligarchs.

Conservative billionaire oligarchs prefer to spend their money buying Federal judges.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Liberals used to decry the influence of money in politics. But in Joe Biden’s America, we have seen the rise of a noxious new generation of left-wing donors. I identify some of the biggest power players in Joe Biden’s American in my book New York Times bestselling book Breaking Biden.

Joe Biden is the quintessential oligarch. He has empowered America’s moneyed elite, and they have empowered him. Biden’s 2020 campaign was the first to raise over $1 billion. Democrats raised $600 million more in “dark money” than Republicans in 2020. Look for those numbers to explode even higher in 2024.

It is important to understand a key principle in modern Democratic politics: if you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu.

This didn't start with Biden.
The Obama administration was a branch office of Goldman Sachs.
Plus, he promised to not hire any lobbyists.
Then he hired dozens of them!
The Obama admin was the intersection of Wall Street and K Street!

Same with Clinton.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao