Author Topic: Pentagon rushes Marine Corps general, other advisers to Middle East  (Read 299 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon rushes Marine Corps general, other advisers to Middle East
By Tara Copp and Aamer Madhani, The Associated Press
 Oct 25, 11:59 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon has sent military advisers, including a Marine Corps general versed in urban warfare, to Israel to aid in its war planning and is speeding multiple sophisticated air defense systems to the Middle East days ahead of an anticipated ground assault into Gaza.

One of the officers leading the assistance is Marine Corps Lt. Gen. James Glynn, who previously helped lead special operations forces against the Islamic State and served in Fallujah, Iraq, during some of the most heated urban combat there, according to a U.S. official who was not authorized to discuss Glynn’s role and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Glynn will also be advising on how to mitigate civilian casualties in urban warfare, the official said.

Israel is preparing a large-scale ground operation in an environment in which Hamas militants have had years to prepare tunnel networks and set traps throughout northern Gaza’s dense urban blocks. Glynn and the other military officers who are advising Israel “have experience that is appropriate to the sorts of operations that Israel is conducting,” National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said Monday.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2023/10/25/pentagon-rushes-marine-corps-general-other-advisers-to-middle-east/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon rushes Marine Corps general, other advisers to Middle East
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 04:24:45 pm »
Is he going to teach Israel how to paint their bullets the colors of the LGBTQ flag? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 01:28:16 am »
Well,so much for his career.

We now know  who the "designated fall guy" is going to  be,and it ain't going to be  anyone  elected.

BIG surprise there,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 11:11:16 am »
So, did the Israelis actually ask for this guy, or is he being imposed on them to try and tell them what to do, for Biden and the Democrats' benefit?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus