Author Topic: Futuristic all-electric aircraft lands at Joint Base Andrews  (Read 259 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Futuristic all-electric aircraft lands at Joint Base Andrews
« on: October 25, 2023, 03:49:42 pm »
Futuristic all-electric aircraft lands at Joint Base Andrews

By
Colton Jones
Oct 19, 2023
Modified date: 6 days ago

The U.S. Air Force’s industry storefront and innovation organization AFWERX, and its primary division partner, BETA Technologies, successfully landed the ALIA, an all-electric conventional take-off and landing aircraft, at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland during a multi-stop flight from Vermont to Florida on October 18.

The Air Force said in a release that the collaboration between AFWERX and BETA Technologies focuses on advancing the development of advanced electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for potential military applications. This partnership capitalizes on BETA’s expertise in eVTOL design and AFWERX’s extensive network to drive the creation of zero-emission aircraft tailored for military operations.

Jill Sanning, representing BETA Technologies, emphasized the significance of the ALIA’s presence at Andrews Air Force Base, stating, “JBA is a high-visibility area with people from the Pentagon, Congress, and government officials, so we really wanted to target this area to be able to showcase the aircraft, its capabilities, and to let people see all-electric aviation is possible. Demonstrating the ALIA is the goal for the road show we’re doing all the way down to Florida.”

https://defence-blog.com/futuristic-all-electric-aircraft-lands-at-joint-base-andrews/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Futuristic all-electric aircraft lands at Joint Base Andrews
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 03:50:59 pm »
What's being done about all the F-35 problems and pilot shortages NOW? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Futuristic all-electric aircraft lands at Joint Base Andrews
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 09:07:06 am »
If you fast forward 100 years, I think electric aviation will be dominating the aeronautic industry

I'd give even odds that 100 years from now, humans will be picking their lice and looking for food, before they have to get back to the cave/wikiup/tipi/earth lodge...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis