Author Topic: Blinken, Austin say US is ready to respond if US personnel become targets of Israel-Hamas war  (Read 311 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Blinken, Austin say US is ready to respond if US personnel become targets of Israel-Hamas war
DARLENE SUPERVILLE
Updated Sun, October 22, 2023 at 10:02 PM EDT·4 min read

REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. (AP) — Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Sunday that the United States expects the Israel-Hamas war to escalate through involvement by proxies of Iran, and they asserted that the Biden administration is prepared to respond if American personnel or armed forces become the target of any such hostilities.

“This is not what we want, not what we're looking for. We don't want escalation,” Blinken said. "We don't want to see our forces or our personnel come under fire. But if that happens, we're ready for it.”

Austin, echoing Blinken, said “what we’re seeing is a prospect of a significant escalation of attacks on our troops and our people throughout the region.”

https://news.yahoo.com/blinken-says-us-ready-respond-172109926.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Apparently, people already being held hostage don't qualify as "if targets!" :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Too late.  Americans have already been murdered, taken hostage, and targeted.

When does the shock & awe start in Tehran?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Blinken, Austin say US is ready to respond if US personnel become targets of Israel-Hamas war
DARLENE SUPERVILLE
Updated Sun, October 22, 2023 at 10:02 PM EDT·4 min read

REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. (AP) — Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Sunday that the United States expects the Israel-Hamas war to escalate through involvement by proxies of Iran, and they asserted that the Biden administration is prepared to respond if American personnel or armed forces become the target of any such hostilities.

“This is not what we want, not what we're looking for. We don't want escalation,” Blinken said. "We don't want to see our forces or our personnel come under fire. But if that happens, we're ready for it.”

Austin, echoing Blinken, said “what we’re seeing is a prospect of a significant escalation of attacks on our troops and our people throughout the region.”

https://news.yahoo.com/blinken-says-us-ready-respond-172109926.html
:pondering: Let me guess they will send a sternly worded statement to the terrorists and Brandon will stumble mumble and bumble some incoherent statement on the teleprompter and close with double dog daring the lying dog face pony soldiers....oh and Beau died fighting in Afghanmumblebumble ttrip while lost on stage.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Blinken, Austin say US is ready to respond if US personnel become targets of Israel-Hamas war"

They'll "respond", all right.
... With harshly-worded letters and press releases.

EDIT:
One more time I posted my reply without reading any of the others...