Author Topic: CBP Confirms 2nd-Straight Year for 2 Million Migrant Apprehensions at Southwest Border  (Read 291 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CBP Confirms 2nd-Straight Year for 2 Million Migrant Apprehensions at Southwest Border
President Joe Biden oversees the second straight year of more than two million migrant apprehensions. 

BOB PRICE23 Oct 2023108

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials announced that Border Patrol agents apprehended more than two million migrants for the second consecutive year. The report, snuck out in a Saturday afternoon media dump, confirms an October 1 article by Breitbart Texas that revealed the apprehension of more than 218,000 migrants in September.

Since President Joe Biden took office in January 2021, Border Patrol agents apprehended more than 5.7 million migrants who illegally crossed the southwest border between ports of entry, the reports indicate.

“In response to high rates of encounters across the southwest border in September, CBP surged resources and personnel. We are continually engaging with domestic and foreign partners to address historic hemispheric migration, including large migrant groups traveling on freight trains, and to enforce consequences including by preparing for direct repatriations to Venezuela,” Troy A. Miller, Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Commissioner said in a written statement on Saturday. “CBP will continue to remain vigilant, making operational adjustments as necessary and enforcing consequences under U.S. immigration law.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/10/23/cbp-confirms-2nd-straight-year-for-2-million-migrant-apprehensions-at-southwest-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Migrants? Yeah, like Mormon Crickets or locusts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis