Author Topic: BREAKING....Thread 5...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON  (Read 26279 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: BREAKING....Thread 5...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON
« Reply #525 on: October 23, 2023, 11:16:37 pm »
U.S. officials predict 'significant escalation' against American troops amid Israel-Hamas war

Senior Pentagon officials predicted "significant escalation" of attacks against American troops in the Middle East during the Israel-Hamas war.

A senior defense official and a senior military official held a background briefing on Monday. Both officials referenced Iran as a malignant force.

"We see a prospect for much more significant escalation against U.S. forces and personnel in the near term," the defense official explained. "And let’s be clear about it: the road leads back to Iran."

The defense official also said that the Iranian government is currently equipping, funding and directing various Middle Eastern partners, including Lebanese Hezbollah militia groups.

"I think it’s fair to say when you see this uptick in activity in attacks by many of these groups, there’s Iranian fingerprints all over it," the defense official said.

Fox News Digital's Greg Wehner contributed to this report.
Posted by Andrea Vacchiano
Iran is the reason for China's presence. That's one of the major sources of oil imported by the Chinese. They will view Iran's health as a national interest. Just leave the oilfields out of it, and the Chinese have less excuse to attack anyone.

I see the possibility that Iran attacks Israel more directly, Israel strikes back, China strikes Israel, and the US gets sucked in to defend against the Chinese attack, inviting a direct Chinese response, not necessarily limited to the Middle East.

That's one way WWIII could very easily get rolling.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #526 on: October 23, 2023, 11:16:49 pm »
I disagree that Israel is losing their window to respond. Yes, the tapes keep the atrocities fresh in the minds of a public bombarded by sympathy for terrorists in the media. That is good to help focus on the task at and and the reason for it.

It took from August of 1990 to January of 1991 for the buildup in preparation to liberate Kuwait. While we would like to think Israel is immediately ready to conduct defensive operations, offense takes more planning and preparation, because attackers, especially when the attack is anticipated, are at a disadvantage.

No invasion of enemy held territory is conducted without a buildup of munitions and readying of troops, gathering of intelligence, and planning. (Think Anzio, Operation Torch, D-Day, the Tet Offensive, even the Blitzkreig across Europe. All have the same thing in common.)

The Israelis will be entering territory controlled by their enemy. Anything that can be done to lessen the defensive response needs to be done before that invasion. The hot-blooded quest for revenge is folly, the atrocities stand, and the response needs to be effective, not to sate the sanguineous passions of the civilized world, but to eliminate the threat.

:thumbsup:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #527 on: October 23, 2023, 11:26:17 pm »
I disagree that Israel is losing their window to respond. Yes, the tapes keep the atrocities fresh in the minds of a public bombarded by sympathy for terrorists in the media. That is good to help focus on the task at and and the reason for it.

It took from August of 1990 to January of 1991 for the buildup in preparation to liberate Kuwait. While we would like to think Israel is immediately ready to conduct defensive operations, offense takes more planning and preparation, because attackers, especially when the attack is anticipated, are at a disadvantage.

No invasion of enemy held territory is conducted without a buildup of munitions and readying of troops, gathering of intelligence, and planning. (Think Anzio, Operation Torch, D-Day, the Tet Offensive, even the Blitzkreig across Europe. All have the same thing in common.)

The Israelis will be entering territory controlled by their enemy. Anything that can be done to lessen the defensive response needs to be done before that invasion. The hot-blooded quest for revenge is folly, the atrocities stand, and the response needs to be effective, not to sate the sanguineous passions of the civilized world, but to eliminate the threat.

:thumbsup:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #528 on: October 23, 2023, 11:33:18 pm »
Why Israeli Officials Screened Footage of the Hamas Attack

“I killed 10 Jews with my own hands.”
By Graeme Wood
October 23, 2023, 10:29 AM ET

This afternoon, at a military base north of Tel Aviv, the Israel Defense Forces held a grisly matinee screening of 43 minutes of raw footage from Hamas’s October 7 attack. Members of the press were invited, but cameras were not allowed. Hamas had the opposite policy on cameras during the attack, which it documented gleefully with its fighters’ body cams and mobile phones. Some of the clips had been circulating already on social media in truncated or expurgated form, with the footage decorously stopped just before beheadings and moments of death. After having seen them both in raw and trimmed forms, I can endorse the decision to trim those clips. I certainly hope I never see any of the extra footage again.

It was, as IDF Major General Mickey Edelstein told the press afterward, “a very sad movie.” Men, women, and children are shot, blown up, hunted, tortured, burned, and generally murdered in any horrible manner you could predict, and some that you might not. The terrorists surround a Thai man they have shot in the gut, then bicker about what to do next. (About 30,000 Thais live in Israel, many of them farmworkers.) “Give me a knife!” one Hamas terrorist shouts. Instead he finds a garden hoe, and he swings at the man’s throat, taking thwack after thwack.

The audience gasped. I heard someone heave a little at another scene, this one showing a father and his young sons, surprised in their pajamas. A terrorist throws a grenade into their hiding place, and the father is killed. The boys are covered in blood, and one appears to have lost an eye. They go to their kitchen and cry for their mother. One of the boys howls, “Why am I alive?” and “Daddy, Daddy.” One says, “I think we are going to die.” The terrorist who killed their father comes in, and while they weep, he raids their fridge. “Water, water,” he says. The spokesman was unable to say whether the children survived.

more
https://web.archive.org/web/20231023154942/https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/10/why-israeli-officials-screened-footage-hamas-attack/675735/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #529 on: October 23, 2023, 11:34:53 pm »
Iran is the reason for China's presence. That's one of the major sources of oil imported by the Chinese. They will view Iran's health as a national interest. Just leave the oilfields out of it, and the Chinese have less excuse to attack anyone.

I see the possibility that Iran attacks Israel more directly, Israel strikes back, China strikes Israel, and the US gets sucked in to defend against the Chinese attack, inviting a direct Chinese response, not necessarily limited to the Middle East.

That's one way WWIII could very easily get rolling.

That's another scary possibly is that no one is really pulling the strings, it just erupts like a bar brawl
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #530 on: October 23, 2023, 11:37:03 pm »
That's another scary possibly is that no one is really pulling the strings, it just erupts like a bar brawl
All the elements are there, which is why this needs to be de-escalated and to let the Israelis and Hamas have it out.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #531 on: October 24, 2023, 12:23:37 am »
The delays could also be to allow time to get US assets in the area.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #532 on: October 24, 2023, 01:07:08 am »
Just remembered it's 4AM in Israel right now.

Sunrise in 3 hours.   :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #533 on: October 24, 2023, 01:15:46 am »
U.S. Marine Corps General Advising IDF on Gaza Operation

By Zach Kessel

October 23, 2023 3:11 PM

President Joe Biden has reportedly sent a small number of high-level United States military officers to Israel, including James Glynn, a three-star Marine Corps lieutenant general. Glynn previously commanded the Marine Corps’s special operations unit and led Operation Inherent Resolve, the coalitional war against the Islamic State, from July 2017 to July 2018.

The news came after an interview secretary of state Antony Blinken gave to CBS on Sunday in which he said the U.S. government is assisting Israel in its preparation for an expected ground operation in Gaza. Israel has been preparing for such an offensive — which Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu has acknowledged will be difficult — since Hamas launched an unprecedented large-scale attack on the Jewish state on October 7.

The U.S. military officers will not run the Gaza offensive but will provide advice based on experience combatting ISIS in Iraq, according to Axios, which first reported the deployment.

The Biden administration has urged Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to delay the ground invasion into Gaza in order to buy more time to secure the release of hostages and to keep humanitarian aid flowing into the strip, the New York Times reported.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/u-s-marine-corps-general-advising-idf-on-gaza-operation/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #534 on: October 24, 2023, 01:16:36 am »

Sunrise in 3 hours.   :pondering:

:pondering: 
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2023, 01:21:39 am »
:pondering:

Did I screw up?   :laugh:   

No...sunrises at midnight Eastern Daylight Saving Time...translates to 7AM tomorrow morning in Israel.   :pondering:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 01:24:00 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2023, 01:24:18 am »
Did I screw up?   :laugh:

No..I am just contemplating your post....are you expecting something to happen?

Sunrise in 3 hours.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2023, 01:38:53 am »
This is rich considering this is coming from the same people who arranged the Afghanistan withdrawal

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
Senior Officials in the Biden Administration have stated that they are Worried that Israel does not have “Achievable Goals” for its Ground Invasion of Gaza and that the Israeli Defense Force does not yet have a War Plan to conduct these Operations; they further stated that some Members of the Administration are even Skeptical about the IDFs ability to Militarily Destroy the Hamas Organization.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #539 on: October 24, 2023, 01:40:26 am »
No..I am just contemplating your post....are you expecting something to happen?

Yeah...I'm feeling these sudden chills going ...geez I don't know if they're going UP or DOWN!

But feeling some apprehension after reading @Smokin Joe 's I believe pointing out China needing oil from Iran and wondering how far they would go...couldn't they buy it from Joe Biden?  His friend Vladimir Putin?

Feel like a Tom Clancy or Robert Ludlum novel coming to life right now.  Kind of scary...and so damned unnecessary.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 01:41:28 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #540 on: October 24, 2023, 01:50:03 am »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
Senior Officials in the Biden Administration have stated that they are Worried that Israel does not have “Achievable Goals” for its Ground Invasion of Gaza and that the Israeli Defense Force does not yet have a War Plan to conduct these Operations; they further stated that some Members of the Administration are even Skeptical about the IDFs ability to Militarily Destroy the Hamas Organization.

Idiots.  Keep your f'n mouths shut.  These people are worse than amateurs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #541 on: October 24, 2023, 01:53:21 am »
Yeah...I'm feeling these sudden chills going ...geez I don't know if they're going UP or DOWN!

But feeling some apprehension after reading @Smokin Joe 's I believe pointing out China needing oil from Iran and wondering how far they would go...couldn't they buy it from Joe Biden?  His friend Vladimir Putin?

Feel like a Tom Clancy or Robert Ludlum novel coming to life right now.  Kind of scary...and so damned unnecessary.

I'll admit..I am scared..if it was any other Administration I would feel better...
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #542 on: October 24, 2023, 02:17:07 am »
I'll admit..I am scared..if it was any other Administration I would feel better...
We have a tone deaf clown show populated by appointees who can hide from accusations of incompetence behind counter accusations of racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, or whatever other modern ill they have constructed, running point on a sh*tshow that needs a deft hand to not erupt into global conflict while we are providing (hopefully) primarily moral support. Not to mention having been invaded by millions of military aged men, about whom we haven't a clue, as to location, intent, or affiliation.

What could possibly go wrong?

It is in God's hands. I absolutely believe He knows what He is doing.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #543 on: October 24, 2023, 02:28:55 am »

Obama said - "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction". 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #544 on: October 24, 2023, 02:32:43 am »
Obama said - "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction". 
He was standing with them then, and still is.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #545 on: October 24, 2023, 02:40:50 am »
Idiots.  Keep your f'n mouths shut.  These people are worse than amateurs.

I’ve personally shown better strategy playing Battleship than these half-wits.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #546 on: October 24, 2023, 02:48:59 am »
I’ve personally shown better strategy playing Battleship than these half-wits.
Packing one corner of the board with a significant percentage of our operational carrier groups does not seem like a winner.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #547 on: October 24, 2023, 05:00:36 am »
Packing one corner of the board with a significant percentage of our operational carrier groups does not seem like a winner.

Iran likely has a plan. What is it?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #548 on: October 24, 2023, 06:21:27 am »
Iran likely has a plan. What is it?
If I knew that I'd be pulling down six figures at some DOD think tank.

I can guess, of course, that Iran's theocracy is all behind "Death to the Jews" and "Death to the infidels!" (meaning, especially, Americans, but Christians in particular). Their hatred for all not their flavor of Muslim will be their downfall.

On the way to that, they have materially, financially, and otherwise supported terrorist groups which wage that war from the shadows while taking advantage of Western naivete to continue development of nuclear weapons and likely, in conjunction with the North Koreans, who may be acting as a Chinese proxy, delivery systems as well, even for the limited range needed in the Middle East and European theater.

Once they have that, there is really little to deter them from deploying those weapons except being sent to their 72 virgins a little earlier than they wanted.

It gets sticky when Israel would respond in kind to any such attack, with the Chinese in the area who can credibly claim that a major source of oil for China is a "national Interest" they must protect.  I'm not really how sure how much they could deter any Iranian aggression, especially if the Iranians felt they could prevail in an exchange or a preemptive strike.

However, if such were to appear imminent, the use of conventional forces by Israel to prevent it would be seen as an act of aggression against Chinese 'National Interests', and they might become involved. If that were to happen, chances are very good that the US would get sucked into the fracas, one way or another. 

The trick is to be there, but stay out of it directly, and let Israel maintain that it is doing whatever it is doing for defensive reasons, something most western governments will likely support. Finesse is called for to prevent an expanding conflict, and Iran is the wild card.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #549 on: October 24, 2023, 06:53:56 am »
What a "free palestine" would look like
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.