Author Topic: An American mom, 67, spent her life advocating for Palestinian rights. Now she's a Hamas hostage.  (Read 493 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 An American mom, 67, spent her life advocating for Palestinian rights. Now she's a Hamas hostage.
Story by Kim Hjelmgaard, USA TODAY •
18h

SHEFAYIM KIBBUTZ, Israel − They exchanged text messages and emojis. Brief status updates with words of encouragement. A picture of the beloved family dog, Tutsi.

Until no more messages came.

And then, Cindy Flash, an American, and her Israeli husband, Igal, vanished into the violence, presumed kidnapped by Hamas.

Four days after Hamas attacked Israel, more than 100 Israelis and possibly dozens of foreign nationals are thought to be held captive in the Gaza Strip. At least 14 U.S. citizens have been killed and an unknown number are still unaccounted for.

Flash, 67, originally from St. Paul, Minnesota, is one of them. She lives in Kfar Aza, a kibbutz in southern Israel near Gaza, where some of the most harrowing and grisly stories have been emerging over the past few days.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/an-american-mom-67-spent-her-life-advocating-for-palestinian-rights-now-she-s-a-hamas-hostage/ar-AA1i1OJF?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=06cd34d61bf74ac99a5f08c0bc24bba9&ei=38
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I hate to say anyone deserves to be a hostage of those barbarians, but she comes really close.  Was she stupid enough her advocacy would somehow protect her from being savaged by Islam?  There were Jews in WWII who served with Hitler because they didn't see the writing on the wall either.  Their lives didn't end well.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Maybe the Arab Palis will Rachel-Corrie one of their own.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

This is the mindset that anybody who is not white is, by default, always the victim. I doubt she will change her stance after this experience.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

Maybe the Arab Palis will Rachel-Corrie one of their own.

That's thin.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's thin.

So was Rachel. After tank that is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

So was Rachel. After tank that is.

I was being punny...