Author Topic: Scoop: House committee heads prepare bipartisan pro-Israel measure  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scoop: House committee heads prepare bipartisan pro-Israel measure
Andrew Solender

The chair and ranking member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, are preparing a bipartisan resolution affirming U.S. support for Israel and condemning Hamas' attacks on the country, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: Chair Michael McCaul (R-Texas) said in a statement he expects the measure "to be one of the first, if not the first items considered on the floor once we elect a new Speaker."

Lawmakers have expressed concerns that the House's inability to conduct business in the absence of a permanent speaker has made them impotent at a watershed foreign policy moment.

Driving the news: The resolution, a draft copy of which was obtained by Axios, affirms the U.S.'s "commitment to Israel's security, including through security assistance" and calls for "full enforcement" of sanctions on Iran.

It also condemns "Iran's support for terrorist groups and proxies, including Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad" and calls on all countries to "unequivocally condemn Hamas' brutal war."
    The measure is being led by McCaul and Ranking Member Greg Meeks (D-N.Y.) and is being circulated to members of the Foreign Affairs Committee for co-sponsors.

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/10/08/house-resolution-israel-hamas-iran

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

Re: Scoop: House committee heads prepare bipartisan pro-Israel measure
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 01:20:39 pm »
But but, I thought we couldn't do anything because we didn't have a Speaker.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 03:38:15 pm »
What's the Biden administration plotting against us right now while we're all distracted by Israel, I wonder?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 03:38:22 pm »
But but, I thought we couldn't do anything because we didn't have a Speaker.

Harshly worded letters excluded.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 09:01:53 pm »
So, how long until the Rats renege?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: