Author Topic: Mike Pence has lost his freaking mind.  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Mike Pence has lost his freaking mind.
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2023, 01:33:56 am »
That has always been my question -- why on earth did Trump select Pence?  Trump is terrible with his selection of people.

Trump did what the GOP Establishment told him to do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2023, 02:32:11 am »
Has he placed any blame on the current administration for projecting weakness on the world stage?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2023, 07:38:44 am »
In case anyone was wondering.....  :laugh:

Wondering what? That you would post a report from Politico/WaPo/NyTimes hit piece by Adam Wren?

I don't care for some positions Pence holds ... Example: Mike says he was for ethanol before it was cool, but that was Trumps position too. At least Pence didn't embarrass the whole party (and still at it). Would love to compare your positions now vs when he was standing by Trump's side running for office if I had time to dig... 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2023, 02:16:32 pm »
Did Mike make some sort of announcement today, or not? I was at a football game.

My guess it will be a fly swattter endorsement.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2023, 04:26:11 pm »
Pence is grasping at straws.  Does he truly think that he's going to gain any DeSantis or Trump voters?   :silly:  He'll be out of the race soon enough. He owns his much deserved low polling numbers.

Here in Iowa? Not a chance. He's the kind of guy that can wax eloquent on why you should pump radiator fluid thru your carburetor, but everyone knows that that's not how things really work. Most of us here don't like speechifiers who try to give us solutions from 30K feet.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2023, 04:37:49 pm »
Pence is only on the radar because Trump elevated him there. Just more of "only the best"... And some here want more of the same...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2023, 05:01:42 pm »
Like I said, I was at a football game and missed it ( :crying:) but here's an account of Pence's Newsmax "town hall":
Pence Blames 'Chaos Caucus' for House Speaker Issues
By Michael Katz 
Newsmax

Former Vice President Mike Pence, running for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, criticized the "chaos caucus" for causing such disarray among House Republicans, who have yet to pick a speaker after Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., was ousted Oct. 3 through a historic motion to vacate vote.

During a Newsmax town hall in Iowa on Tuesday night, co-host Rob Schmitt asked Pence, a former six-term (2001-2013) member of the House from Indiana, where he stood regarding House Republicans' inability to settle on a speaker.

"Never, ever, in all of my battles with big-spending Republicans, would I ever have considered partnering with the Democrats to oust a Republican speaker of the House," Pence said, referring to eight Republicans, led by Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., who forced the motion to vacate vote and ousted McCarthy with backing by House Democrats. ...
Another story:
Mike Pence Town Hall: Women, Children Palestinian Refugees First
Newsmax

Former Vice President and 2024 Republican presidential candidate Mike Pence told Newsmax's town hall on Tuesday that the United States should take the captain's position in the film "Titantic" and accept women and children Palestinian refugees first.

When asked by hosts of the town hall, Rob Schmitt and Bianca de la Garza, where he stood on the position of U.S. accepting Palestinian refugees, Pence responded:

"I understand the concern of Egypt and for other adjoining countries that have their own problems with terrorism, but how about we begin with women and children? How about the old rule of the Titanic, which is women and children first? Bring women and children across the border, and we'll support them there."  ...
:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2023, 06:18:50 pm »
"I understand the concern of Egypt and for other adjoining countries that have their own problems with terrorism, but how about we begin with women and children? How about the old rule of the Titanic, which is women and children first? Bring women and children across the border, and we'll support them there."  ...

How shall I put this :pondering: Pence is F'king dangerous! There is a reason no Arab country wants these people, they are trained practically from birth to be more animal than human and deadly violent. They are especially taught to hate Jews, Christians and most assuredly America. So yeah by all means let's embrace the pit viper into our homes!

For this level of stupidity I give Pence

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2023, 07:57:43 pm »
Pence is only on the radar because Trump elevated him there. Just more of "only the best"... And some here want more of the same...

That's right. He'd pretty well wrecked himself w/ tea party types and the Christians during his stint as governor... And those two were all of his strength prior to that time.

Offline corbe

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2023, 09:18:41 pm »
   I remember he struggled for years to get his AntiQueer Bill through his State Legislature.  Then it finally happened upon his desk a week before DJT nominated him as his VP, needless to say one of the requirements for the nomination was to not sign that Gay Bill on your desk, probably per Ivanka.....He didn't.. 
   He was compromised right then and there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2023, 09:24:10 pm »
Neocon loser with zero charisma. He also said he’d be sending your kids to die in a war.