Author Topic: Senator Rand Paul Says Criticism of Ongoing Funding for Ukraine is a ‘Growing Movement’ in Washingto  (Read 348 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senator Rand Paul Says Criticism of Ongoing Funding for Ukraine is a ‘Growing Movement’ in Washington
by Mike LaChance Oct. 5, 2023 10:20 pm

A growing number of Americans are tired of seeing our leaders in Washington send mountains of cash to Ukraine when there are so many serious problems here at home.

According to Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, there are some people in Washington who are getting that message and the movement is growing.

It’s maddening to see America’s problems ignored, week after week.

FOX News reports:

Sen. Rand Paul says criticism of Ukraine funding is a ‘growing movement’ in Washington

As the House searches for a new speaker and the Senate works to get Ukraine assistance back into a spending bill come November 17 when the current deal expires, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., says there is a “growing movement” within the Republican party to cut additional funding altogether.

“We have problems funding Social Security, we have problems funding, Medicare, Medicaid, all the things that have already been promised to our people we have trouble funding, and we just don’t have extra money just to be sending to another country,” Paul told Fox News Digital in an interview this week.

The U.S. has sent more than an estimated $100 billion of taxpayer dollars to Ukraine since the war began, according to the White House…

Paul — prior to Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s ouster — said that all eyes will be on what the House speaker does in the next go-around of spending discussions, citing a caveat that may “dampen” efforts to continue sending funds to Ukraine, which has been gripped by a Russian invasion since last year.

“The Republican Conference in the house has a rule, that if a majority of the Republican Conference is for something or against something, the speaker can’t bring it up by rule,” he said.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/senator-rand-paul-says-criticism-ongoing-funding-ukraine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

There's also a growing movement in the GOP to lose the 2024 elections because of their continued fealty to Tangerine Mussolini.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rand Paul
@RandPaul

There are big differences in the race for Speaker regarding fiscal responsibility and aid to Ukraine.

We need to stop funding other country’s wars and fix our fiscal mess. One candidate for Speaker agrees.

If I were voting for Speaker, @Jim_Jordan would have my enthusiastic vote.

8:09 AM · Oct 6, 2023

Offline mountaineer

Hey now, who are we to question this administration's funding choices?
Laurie
@laurieinri
A university in Rhode Island was granted $700k by DHS to teach "media literacy". 
Part of the grant will be used to fund programs that teach kids to create "counter-propaganda" and local media has agreed to promote it.
The grant application is available on-line.
12:12 PM · Oct 6, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org