Author Topic: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair  (Read 8812 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair
« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2023, 11:24:18 pm »
Rep. Matt Gaetz
@RepMattGaetz
I don’t think voting against @SpeakerMcCarthy
 is chaos.

I think $33 Trillion in debt is chaos.

I think not passing single-subject spending bills is chaos.

I think being governed by continuing resolutions and omnibus bills is chaos.

Chaos is somebody we cannot trust with their word.

That’s why I’ve moved to vacate the chair.

On principle, Gaetz is correct.  There has to be a consequence to breaking one's promise.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2023, 11:26:30 pm »
Yes fringe.  About a dozen house members think they can just SHUT EVERTHANG DAYOWN and the voters will reward them for bringing chaos into their lives.  Their plans are unrealistic.  What happened today will not lead to a reduction in spending.  It just proves the republicans are less capable of governing than democrats.

It's not a matter of thinking that they can shut everything down and voters will rejoice, it is though a matter of not allowing the liberals to continue to walk all over us.  We need some fiscal responsibility and border security.  IF we don't get those two things under control, we're not going to have a country left. 

The GOP is in shambles and for once someone is trying to get the party back in line. We cannot have the liberals continue to run us over allowing endless funding of Ukraine and allowing millions more of ILLEGALS into this country.  Their end goal is to bring this country to its knees under their marxist/communist rule. ILLEGALS = majority votes for DEMS for an indefinite time.  I don't want my grandchildren and great grandchildren to be endured servants because we opted to support Ukraine with continued billions. Nor do I want them fighting in their own back yards because we failed to secure our own border.

We should have held every single Republican in Congress accountable a very long time ago!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2023, 11:27:01 pm »
I dunno.  I'd say that anytime you find yourself on the same side of an issue as Lora Loomer, you may want to rethink your position.

Loomer seems to have forgotten that Trump supported McCarthy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2023, 11:28:13 pm »
On principle, Gaetz is correct.  There has to be a consequence to breaking one's promise.

That's. right.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2023, 11:29:28 pm »
Kevin McCarthy
@SpeakerMcCarthy
·
42s
I will not seek to run again for Speaker of the House. I may have lost a vote today, but I fought for what I believe in—and I believe in America. It has been an honor to serve.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2023, 11:30:25 pm »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
9m
BREAKING REPORT: Rep Troy Nehls just nominated DONALD TRUMP for Speaker of the House..

THOUGHTS?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #331 on: October 03, 2023, 11:31:35 pm »
Dan Bongino
@dbongino
·
1h
Fed up with all this bullshit. They all suck. All of them. Country is collapsing, in real time, right now, and no one in that Capitol Hill shithole gives a shit.

Agreed!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2023, 11:32:22 pm »
Erick Erickson
@EWErickson
·
2h
McCarthy whored himself for Trump and Trump stays silent.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #333 on: October 03, 2023, 11:33:15 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
The press wants you to think the only story in Washington is a fight amongst Republicans. But over the past 10 days:

- The Democrat chair of the foreign affairs committee was charged with taking bribes from a foreign country
- The DC attorney general has sent subpoenas to Democrat dark money giant Arabella Advisors over possible illegal activity
- A House Democrat stalled a house proceeding by pulling a fire alarm, a felony.
- Biden’s envoy to Iran was outed as an Iranian spy
- Gavin Newsom appointed a Marylander to be California’s senator
- Hunter Biden pleaded not guilty to a felony gun charge
- Hunter was also caught listing his dad’s home address as the beneficiary on a wire transfer from Communist China.
- A Democrat House member was carjacked thanks to an explosion of predatory criminal behavior sparked by Democrats' pro-crime policies.

Oh, and Joe Biden is still an utter disaster of a president, too.
6:14 PM · Oct 3, 2023
·

Support the USO

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #334 on: October 03, 2023, 11:33:36 pm »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
9m
BREAKING REPORT: Rep Troy Nehls just nominated DONALD TRUMP for Speaker of the House..

THOUGHTS?

There is no room in the tent for another clown.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #335 on: October 03, 2023, 11:34:27 pm »
Julie Kelly 🇺🇸
@julie_kelly2
·
2h
Just my opinion but my sense is if McCarthy had not embraced Ukraine funding all year; formed a separate J6 committee or at least a highly functioning weaponization committee; and immediately moved to impeach Garland, Wray, and/or Mayorkas, none of this happens.
Support the USO

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #336 on: October 03, 2023, 11:34:49 pm »
EX Speaker McCarthy found out he wasn't untouchable... and hopefully others will remember it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #337 on: October 03, 2023, 11:41:48 pm »
Instead of submitting to all the Establishment Loyalists in the Pub party he is willing to fight and say no.

Yep.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #338 on: October 03, 2023, 11:45:59 pm »
Jack Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
2m
BREAKING: Hill staffer says Byron Donalds emerging as a strong contender for the Speakership from the Caucus
Support the USO

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #339 on: October 03, 2023, 11:46:24 pm »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
9m

THOUGHTS?

Good luck with that.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Hoodat

« Reply #340 on: October 03, 2023, 11:46:58 pm »
I still can't get over the Repubs voting with the Dems...with ACO and the squad....I'm gobsmacked..

They've been voting with the Dems for years now.  Judicial appointments, cabinet appointments, omnibus spending bills, debt ceiling hikes, debt ceiling suspensions, etc.  The only difference here is that it isn't costing the taxpayer anything.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #342 on: October 03, 2023, 11:50:39 pm »
Hugh Hewitt
@hughhewitt
·
2h
Memo to @HouseGOP
: Name @SpeakerMcCarthy
 Speaker Emeritus, keep everything the same, expel the eight from the caucus, recruit primary challengers to them all. Be a party that isn’t controlled by its knuckleheads.
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #343 on: October 03, 2023, 11:51:11 pm »
Rep. Nancy Mace
@RepNancyMace
·
32m
Today I voted for the Motion to Vacate and remove the Speaker.

This isn’t about left vs right.

This isn’t about ideology.

This is about trust and keeping your word.

This is about making Congress do it’s job.

Ditto.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #344 on: October 03, 2023, 11:51:17 pm »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
9m

THOUGHTS?

////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #345 on: October 03, 2023, 11:51:18 pm »
EX Speaker McCarthy found out he wasn't untouchable... and hopefully others will remember it.

So who replaces him?  And how?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #346 on: October 03, 2023, 11:52:19 pm »
Dan Bongino
@dbongino
·
1h
McCarthy sucked. Big time. But if today was so wonderful for conservatism then why did the demonrats vote overwhelmingly for it?

:pondering:
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #347 on: October 03, 2023, 11:54:12 pm »
Michael Reagan
@ReaganWorld
·
2h
The Maga Republicans will cost us 2024..House,Senate & WH…
Support the USO

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2023, 11:55:00 pm »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
·
9m

THOUGHTS?

Guess folks are running out of things to say about this, but did the fools not learn anything from throwing this against the wall in January?   :laugh:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 11:56:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2023, 11:57:42 pm »
Brigitte Gabriel
@ACTBrigitte
·
54m
Matt Gaetz may have lost a lot of friends in the halls of Congress today, but he gained more respect from the American voters.
Support the USO