Author Topic: 95-year-old veteran kicked out of nursing home to make way for migrant housing, lawmakers say  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
95-year-old veteran kicked out of nursing home to make way for migrant housing, lawmakers say
Elizabeth Elkind
Tue, September 26, 2023 at 4:59 PM EDT·3 min read

A 95-year-old Korean War veteran said he was given less than two months’ notice to figure out where he was going to live after the nursing home he resided in was sold to become a facility for undocumented migrants.

Veteran Frank Tammaro joined Rep. Nicole Malliotakis, R-N.Y., a vocal critic of New York City’s handling of the migrant crisis, at a press conference on Monday to discuss the reported deal.

"The thing I'm annoyed about is how they did it, it was very disgraceful what they did to the people in Island Shores," Tammaro said, referencing the assisted living facility he was in.

Korean War veteran Frank Tammaro said he was given little notice to leave the Island Shores nursing home.

He said that Island Shores "gave us time to get out," but not enough time to protest the decision to boot residents – which Tammaro said he tried to do.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/95-old-veteran-kicked-nursing-205910143.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson