Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Number Of Illegal Migrants In Border Patrol Custody Surges To New High  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Number Of Illegal Migrants In Border Patrol Custody Surges To New High
TOPSHOT-US-MEXICO-POLITICS-MIGRATION-IMMIGRATION

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
September 27, 2023

The number of illegal migrants in Border Patrol custody nationwide surpassed 22,000 on Tuesday evening, according to internal Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data obtained exclusively by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Border Patrol across all sectors had almost 17,000 illegal migrants in custody on the evening of August 10 compared to 7,696 on the evening of June 8, according to internal CBP data previously obtained by the DCNF. Additionally, there were 8,923 migrant encounters by CBP on Monday and 7,730 illegal migrants released into the country, according to the new data.

As of Tuesday, nine Border Patrol sectors were over capacity, including the Del Río sector in Texas, which was 280% over capacity, according to the data.

Border Patrol agents have had trainings and other important events cancelled, along with an increase in virtual processing, leaving large swaths of the southern border unmanned due to a renewed surge in illegal immigration, multiple agents told the DCNF.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/27/illegal-migrants-custody-border-patrol/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson