Author Topic: Biden’s wake-up call on illegal immigration  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s wake-up call on illegal immigration
« on: September 27, 2023, 12:37:27 pm »
Biden’s wake-up call on illegal immigration
Opinion by Hugo Gurdon

20h

President Joe Biden set an ignominious new record for failure in August, as 304,162 migrants arrived in the United States by irregular means. That vast number excludes thousands more whom the administration doesn’t know about because they snuck in undetected.

It is now pretty much guaranteed that 2023 will blow away all annual records for improper, unwanted, and uncontrolled immigration. And worse is to come.

The Biden administration divides the flood into different streams — 20,000 from the North, 50,000 paroled to fly in, and 52,000 released into the country despite having no documents — so it can quibble over the word “illegal.” But this is a distraction that blurs an otherwise clear picture of abject federal failure. The headline number is what must command attention, for it is the true measure of illegal/irregular/improper immigration — call it what you will — an inundation taking place without the consent, and against the objections, of America’s citizens.

Absent a policy switch from laxity to enforcement, the migrant tide will rise higher because America’s attractions are permanent, and the big world is filled with people who have the means to travel here and enjoy what the internet shows them is a better life. Few are real refugees who need asylum from persecution. Most are just people who want to settle where it’s easier to build a successful life and who know nothing is stopping them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/biden-s-wake-up-call-on-illegal-immigration/ar-AA1hig14?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2552ea174a80430eb6c77d050409b9e8&ei=6
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson