Author Topic: NYC paves way for homeless to move upstate — after some towns refused to take migrants  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYC paves way for homeless to move upstate — after some towns refused to take migrants
Story by Craig McCarthy •
13h

You won’t take our migrants, so here’s our homeless.

New York City is helping its homeless and low-income residents move upstate — after a slew of northern municipalities refused to take some of its asylum seekers.

The new plan rolled out by the city Tuesday will allow — for the first time — CityFHEPS housing-assistance vouchers to be used outside of the five boroughs where rents are cheaper and more living spaces are available.

The move comes after months of pleading by New York City Mayor Eric Adams for the rest of the state to take on some of the tens of thousands of migrants who have flooded into the city, leaving its shelter system in chaos.

He has even tried to get Gov. Kathy Hochul to force the issue, to no avail.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-paves-way-for-homeless-to-move-upstate-after-some-towns-refused-to-take-migrants/ar-AA1hiUZh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a1c3b859025648d099c845ae770e3031&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson