Author Topic: Border Crisis: Officers seize over two and a half tons of fentanyl precursors at Port of Entry  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Crisis: Officers seize over two and a half tons of fentanyl precursors at Port of Entry
Photo of Rich Mitchell Rich MitchellSeptember 25, 20230

LAREDO, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations officers assigned to Laredo Port of Entry outbound operations recently seized more than two and a half tons of fentanyl precursors.

“Illicitly manufactured fentanyl produced from precursors has been a major contribution to drug abuse and overdose deaths in our country,” said Acting Port Director Adriana Arce, Laredo Port of Entry. “CBP is fully committed in disrupting the manufacturing of this fatal drug, and in our dedication to keep the border safe.”

The seizures occurred during outbound operations conducted for the month of September. Vehicle inspections utilizing canine and non-intrusive inspection system examinations resulted in the discovery of 5,357.85 pounds of fentanyl precursors.

CBP seized the contraband. Lab results of the chemicals are pending further investigation. Homeland Security Investigations special agents are investigating the seizures.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2023/09/border-crisis-officers-seize-over-two-and-a-half-tons-of-fentanyl-precursors-at-port-of-entry/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

There's a show on the NatGeo network called "To Catch a Smuggler," where they follow border patrol and law enforcement officers from various countries, including the U.S., trying to prevent the import or export of illegal substances. It's really fascinating. On the episodes involving US officers, there have been several massive seizures like this.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org